Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Merceded Benz Tires don't support vehicle

I have 35,000 miles on a 2007 E350 4matic sports version and I've had to replace 3 front tires. My dealership (Larchmont, NY) stuffed me and now so has Mercedes-Benz USA. I googled "mercedes benz high performance tires, blow" and this is the first site I opened. I'm surprised how many people have this problem. Is there a lawyer out there who can purpuse this on spec? Sounds like it would be easy to round up alot of disgruntled owners.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
olive
Top Level Member

Default Re: Merceded Benz Tires don't support vehicle

World Law's lawyers could probably intervene and help resolve this if need be.

You may email them on the home page.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
Unregistered

Thumbs down re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

Same problem, replaced tires at 8,000. Not covered by warranty. Claimed MBZ knows this is a problem on the 2007 E350

Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
Unregistered

Default re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

My 2008 E350 is virtually new, 2500 miles. I went over a pothole and was told my the service rep that the damage to 2 wheels will cost $2500.
Now I see this post. I am furious. If anyone has succeded in getting a claim against MBZ please let me know. davidm617@aol.com

Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #15
Frank Rose

Me too! Bent rims, damaged prematurely worn out tires and drifting issues. Buyers should be told about these things before they buy or lease. (Failure to disclose etc-etc.) Cars could become unsafe by just driving under normal conditions. Law suit does sound appropriate.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
Unregistered

Smile re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

I have been in the tire & wheel business for over 15 years and have seen this problem many times. Mostly with after market wheels where the standard wheel sizes reach all the way up to 26-inch diameters. It has nothing to do with a defective wheel or tire. Mercedes Benz has decided to install larger wheels on their vehicles so that the vehicle has a larger footprint to improve handling and to improve the appearance of the car.

The problem with installing a larger diameter wheel on any car is you are now left with a tire that has a very short sidewall. From 2003 – 2006 Mercedes was installing 16 and 17 inch diameter wheels on their E-Class models. These two sizes would give you a tire with a taller sidewall from 3 ½ to 4 inches. But on the newer E-Class vehicles, Mercedes started to use an 18” staggered tire and wheel combination.

When you increase the diameter of a wheel, the sidewall of the tire will decrease.The 18 inch wheel & tire combo now gives you a sidewall of 2 ½ to 3 inches. The sidewall of a tire is the distance between the edge of the tire where it meets the wheel and where the tire sits on the ground

The side supports the weight of the vehicle. This means you have less cushion between the wheel and the road. So if you hit a pothole hard enough, you will bend a wheel or collapse the tires sidewall so much that it will break the steel linings causing a bubble or a blow out.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Unregistered

hmmm...I am not so sure.

They should not be installing those tires if this happens with such frequency in normal driving conditions.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #18
Unregistered

They really should survive normal potholes and the like!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
Unregistered

My wife and I don't have this problem with my two other cars!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
Unregistered

I am with you 200%!! I also have a 2008 E350 and I go thru tires and flat repairs like I breath air! I am so tired of it! Lawsuit?? Count me in!