Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Forum Information > Announcements

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
LJ Support
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Posting Questions, Threads and Replies

Posting Questions and Threads

1. To post a new question or thread, first you have to go into the forum that you wish to post the new question or thread into.

2. Once you are in that forum, you need to click on the button found above and below the thread list.

3. Once the new thread page loads, you enter the subject of the question or thread in the "Question / Thread Title" box.

You can also select a post icon that will show next to your post and in the thread listing.

4. Now, you need to add a message to your question or thread! Type your message in the "Question / Thread Message" box.

You can add formatting to your post by using vB code (for more information see the "Posting Rules" box below the message box).

5. Select any post options you like from the "Additional Options" window.

6. Once you are satisfied about all the options, you may select one of the buttons:
  • "Submit New Question / Thread": This will post the question or thread to the forum.
  • "Preview Post": If you want to see what your post will look like, click this button.

Posting Replies

To post a reply, you can use either quick reply or the reply page.

Quick Reply

To use quick reply, the administrator must have it enabled in the forum. If it is enabled, it will show up at the bottom of each page in the Thread Display. You type your message in the message area, and the click "Post Quick Reply."

If you have selected posts to quote using the Multiquote, you will have the option to quote them or deselect them.

Full Reply

Using the Reply to Thread page is exactly the same as posting a new thread, except you have to go into a thread and instead click on the button found at the top and bottom of each thread. Also, the poll options are removed.
LJ Support is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
nkawea4@hotmail.com

Default Re: Posting Threads

I am trying to find the thread so I can post my questionl please help me find it. thanks
nkawea4@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
annjd
Top Level Member

Default Re: Posting Threads

www.legaljunkies.com

Just click the link above and then scroll down the page and select the area of law that applies. Click that area of law and you will see a button for "New Thread".
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
redgrlx

Default Re: Posting Questions, Threads and Replies

I cannot find the new thread button at all
redgrlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
mercy

i can't find thread button
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
LJ Admin

Hi,

the new thread button is located above and below the list of threads in a forum. There is also a link "Post New Question" displayed right next to the top new thread button which works the same way as the button.

Posting Messages

To post a new message and start a new thread click on the button:

You can find this button to the left above and below the list of threads in a forum.

To reply to a message please click the button:

You can find this button to the right just below the message that you want to reply to. It is important to use this button when replying to a reply since some people browse the forum in threaded mode and then it is essential to show which message it is that you are replying to.

To reply to a message that starts a thread you can also click on the button:

You can find this button to the left both above and below the displayed thread. Please do not use this button if you are not replying to the original thread-starting message, but are replying to another reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new thread button.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	525  
LJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Nicholates

This site has good information. Thanks
Nicholates is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
harva

Default TITLE

"POST REPLY" BUTTON............

You can find this button to the left just below the message that you want to reply to. It is important to use this button when replying to a reply since some people browse the forum in threaded mode and then it is essential to show which message it is that you are replying to.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
vijendroy

Yes I find the thread button... Thanks for the nice information and I think it will help for all who want to post new thread. It is very nice explanation and easy to use.
vijendroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
MillieGilbert

Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents. Thanks for information. Useful one.
MillieGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote