•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davis65
    • May 2018
    • United States

What happen with the claim?

If a personal injury claim has been filed by a tenant against a landlord, and the landlord is found to be grossly negligent, what might be the consequences to the landlord as far as rates going up, or any other sort of effects?
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: What happen with the claim?

In some states there is a limit on damages that can be recovered through a personal injury claim. So no one can recover an amount beyond that limit.

Comment

• adjusterjack
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Davis65
      If a personal injury claim has been filed by a tenant against a landlord, and the landlord is found to be grossly negligent, what might be the consequences to the landlord as far as rates going up, or any other sort of effects?
      He will certainly pay more for his insurance, either on his own policy or when he gets non-renewed and pays more for a replacement policy.

Comment

• Disagreeable
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Oct 2012
        • United States

Many nuisance suits the landlord would just pay not involving insurance. If it is going to be a major one, his rates usually go up or he could even be cancelled.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

If the LL is found to be grossly negligent as the questioner asks, it is not a nuisance suit.

And the LL would likely pay much higher rates or will lose his coverage.

Comment

• Disagreeable
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Oct 2012
            • United States

Most tenant suing landlord for money are nuisance suits. OP did not expound on facts.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

That post above seems like a very pro-landlord view.

Not every landlord is a saint, especially not mine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...