USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Harassment... Do I have to wait for her to kill my dog?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saranicole20117
    • Dec 2013

Re: Harassment... Do I have to wait for her to kill my dog?

I completely take responsibility for her unnecessary barking, that's why I'm trying to get that under control. I also understand she has her eight to peacefulness on her property, but honestly, the police told me that according to her my dog barks non stop almost 24 hours a day which is just a flat lie. I'm here with her, she rarely gets left alone for a long amount of time. Also, we also saw this woman walk out her out one day to stand staring into the nearby field, screaming at who knows what to shut up. There was unusual sounds happening outside, no dogs barking, not even one car driving by, no other people outside to be making noise. She would be disturbed in her property even if I were to get rid of my dog. Believe me I don't want my dog to be bothering her.

Comment

• saranicole20117
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Disagreeable
      I would have gone and bought a sonic emitter years ago. If you won't muzzle that yappy dog, I would make sure it wants to be nowhere near my house to yap. I would have given you 30 days notice to train it or remove it before you subject it to daily sound torture. I have experience dealing with whack-jobs like you.
      I don't know what a sonic emitter is? Maybe if I did I would have gotten one by now. And these people lived next door to us for nearly 4 years before we everhad a problem. She used to be friendly and she never once mentioned to any of us that the barking was any kind if a problem. How could we have known how the dog was acting when we left the house? She could have easily said something the many times my father spoke to her and her husband before all this started. But instead after years she started off with a vulgar and threatening note.

Comment

• Disagreeable
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Oct 2012
        • United States

A sonic emitter transmits noise on a frequency tuned for animals to chase them away. It would bother/hurt the dogs ears to be too close. I suggest if you want to diffuse the situation, you talk to an animal trainer and have the dog trained to not bark when you are gone. Pets can be wonderful, however, like other things such as stereos and loud cars, we must respect our neighbors personal space. You feel I am being harsh, what I did not say is that I have severe injuries and am sensitive to noise. I could not tolerate a barking dog 200 yards from my house. I could not even listen to a song on the radio until about 3 years ago and the volume must be low. Your pooch could be driving this woman over the edge and you not even be aware. One of our cats started banging closet doors at 5 am for attention. I had to tape socks on her paws temporarily as punishment to get her to stop.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• saranicole20117
          • Dec 2013

Yes I agree her personal space should be respected but just the same, so should ours. My dog is kept indoors with all windows locked up when we leave. I understand she could be sensitive to noise, especially with what I know about her, but I'm being fully honest when I say the dogs barking is not loud from outside the house unless you are standing right outside a window. And as you say, we had no idea it was any kind if a problem until the first note she left and we immediately started to try to fix it. This hasn't been just 2 or 3 incidents with this neighbor, something happens nearly every other week, beit a vulgar note, a spoken very rude comment and/or threat, or just standing on the edge of the property line to stare into whatever window happens to be open in my house. I've caught her doing just that at least 10 times and its very creepy. And if I go outside to ask what she wants, the.minute she sees me she bolts back inside. And my dog is literally afraid of this woman, and shes not afraid of anyone. She goes and hides under a chair if she sees this neighbor come outside. That says to me that this woman comes onto our property more than we know about and does who knows what to get this reaction from my dog. I'm sorry but to me this feels like harassment. I didn't think you were being harsh, I really do understand peoples space needs to be respected.

Comment

• sandyclaus
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Jun 2009

Have you considered the possibility that once you get your dog's barking under control, you'll take away any excuse the neighbor may have for "harassing" you further?

No, she doesn't have a right to make threats against you, your property, your dog, or your family. However, you also have no right to blame her when it was and is your dog's barking that allegedly started this whole fiasco.

Take care of YOUR side of the problem, and chances are excellent that the OTHER problems will go away as well.
            "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
            "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
            "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

• saranicole20117
              • Dec 2013

Obviously I have considered that possibility, as I have said time and again I am working on getting her barking under control. I believe, and mg sherriff agrees, that I have full right to blame her with the way she went about letting us know it was even a problem. The only reason they haven't done anything is because theres no physical proof. They agree it is harassment and she is in the wrong, apart from the times my dog barks when we are gone from the house(which we are working on) I should also mention that I live in a very small town, I am not in an apartment building, our houses are at least 25 ft apart.

Comment

• Disagreeable
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Oct 2012
                • United States

I am not trying to justify her behavior either. She has handled this completely wrong. I suspect she is mentally compromised.
                Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• saranicole20117
                  • Dec 2013

Looks like I'm going to be investing in a couple of video cameras in order to try to attain proof so I can file either a restraining order or a harassment charge.

Comment

• Friend In Court
                    Top Level Member
                    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                    • Apr 2011
                    • United States

Originally posted by saranicole20117
                    Obviously I have considered that possibility, as I have said time and again I am working on getting her barking under control. I believe, and mg sherriff agrees, that I have full right to blame her with the way she went about letting us know it was even a problem. The only reason they haven't done anything is because theres no physical proof. They agree it is harassment and she is in the wrong, apart from the times my dog barks when we are gone from the house(which we are working on) I should also mention that I live in a very small town, I am not in an apartment building, our houses are at least 25 ft apart.
                    Get the no contact order and at least she will be restrained from coming onto your property or even contacting you. Should she breach it, she can be arrested.

Apparently, she has created enough of a nuisance of herself with the police that one or more officers might take satisfaction picking her up and putting her in the hoosegow.

Comment

• saranicole20117
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Friend In Court
                      Get the no contact order and at least she will be restrained from coming onto your property or even contacting you. Should she breach it, she can be arrested.

Apparently, she has created enough of a nuisance of herself with the police that one or more officers might take satisfaction picking her up and putting her in the hoosegow.
                      That's what I'm planning on doing now. You were very helpful. I just have to buy some video cameras first. I was told the only way to prove any of this is going to be with video evidence.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by saranicole20117
                        Absolutely not. She tries to break into my house and threatens, vandalizes my house and threatens my dog and WE are harassing her? I think not she's a dog. Dogs bark. And she doesn't bark or extended periods of time. Bad answer.
                        I agree with you, and I'm actually in a similar situation right now with my neighbor. We have coyotes where I live, so they never go outside alone. I'm also severely ill, and three of my dogs were professionally trained and are certified service dogs although I only need one. My dog barks to warn me of an attack... And she stays yelling out her bedroom window to shut up and that she is going to murder my dogs! I went to talk to her about it and she flipped out on me and has called the police on me numerous times since claiming ridiculous stuff. All the time, she put up a camera pointING right at the back of our house! Barking dogs are like crying babies... They can be annoying especially when they aren't yours, but you still don't shake the baby!

Comment

• Unregistered

Your comment is irrelevant and unnecessarily rude. If you had thoroughly read the situation, you'd realize the complaint is coming from a single neighbor, not neighbors (more than one). This is a place to give advice, rather than attack, which is what you're doing. Since you're clearly not a dog owner, and hopefully never will be (for the dog's sanity), you would understand that a dog wants nothing more than to be surrounded by his/her loving owner. When a random neighbor, who has nothing better to do than to spread hate, decides to stick her head in someone's personal life and cause unnecessary and avoidable problems, there's not much for the owner to do but to seek help online. Since you, like the crazy neighbor, think it's okay to spit out hateful opinions without assessing the situation, I'm here to let you know that your life would be so much more peaceful if you simply didn't get yourself into this thread.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by sandyclaus
                            In what way do you allege that your neighbors are harassing you?

If, as you say, they keep coming to you to complain about your barking dog, that isn't harassment. And for the reasons you are giving, there should be no excuse for the dog barking so frequently that your neighbors should take offense.

The solution appears to be simple enough. You need to properly train your dog NOT to bark at inappropriate times.

If the dog is barking while you're home, or when you've just arrived home, then that is completely within your control and should only occur for a very short period of time without becoming overly annoying or troublesome.

More likely, the issue is when the dog is left alone with no one at home. That should come as no surprise to you, considering that you claim to be home nearly 24/7. The dog likely suffers from separation anxiety during those periods when no one is home. Deal with the situation by training the dog to handle the separation, and the excessive barking that occurs in your absence will also be easy to get under control.

Bottom line is that if the dog is barking excessively, to the point where it's causing a disturbance to your neighbors, the problem SN'T with the neighbors, but with your dog. Take care of the problem and the neighbors shouldn't have any reason to "harass" you anymore about it.
                            Your comment is irrelevant and unnecessarily rude. If you had thoroughly read the situation, you'd realize the complaint is coming from a single neighbor, not neighbors (more than one). This is a place to give advice, rather than attack, which is what you're doing. Since you're clearly not a dog owner, and hopefully never will be (for the dog's sanity), you would understand that a dog wants nothing more than to be surrounded by his/her loving owner. When a random neighbor, who has nothing better to do than to spread hate, decides to stick her head in someone's personal life and cause unnecessary and avoidable problems, there's not much for the owner to do but to seek help online. Since you, like the crazy neighbor, think it's okay to spit out hateful opinions without assessing the situation, I'm here to let you know that your life would be so much more peaceful if you simply didn't get yourself into this thread.

Comment

• Unregistered

My neighbor kicked my dog, hard, and the dog had only one leg in the neighbors yard.
                              Can I file some kind of charge against the neighbor?
                              I would testify as to what I saw through my window.

Comment

• Wenton2
                                Top Level Member
                                ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                                • Sep 2016
                                • United States

You could file a complaint with the police, though they probably will not pursue it heavily, at least it will be on record. Also if there is any noticeable and verifiable injury to the dog, you could sue in small claims for all cost of healthcare and repair and care of the dog.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...