Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #111
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: Harassed by upstairs neighbor

Stop hijacking other people's threads. If you have a question start your own.

You'll have to move if you don't like it - there's nothing you can do.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #112
LJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My neighbors cook with HEAVY garlic EVERY day. I mean every day.

Is that something I can take action on or just have to live with it or move?

It even makes our furniture and clothes smell like garlic.
Visitors even comment on it.

Unfortunately cooking smells are generally not considered harassment.

But you could speak to management about the ventilation etc,

ALSO, speak to the neighbor, they may not even realize and they may be able to easily vent the fumes or air flow. In my experience, over 70% of the time the person causing the issue does not even realize. And they want to correct any problem.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #113
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Harassed by upstairs neighbor

It's so true. I know it seems like people are paranoid, but from what I have experienced since 2013, I know it is true. People are PETTY. It's mostly people with mental illness who are likely to try and annoy you in your home by making sounds or trying to upset you. In the end you end up somewhat mentally ill. The only one solution is to move away, but what do you do if you have nowhere to go?

I moved in my first apartment in 2013, and ever since I did I have had problems with a paranoid "schizo" and or "mentally" ill old woman neighbour, who gets upset over any little sound. Now this neighbour started banging the walls, so I banged back and this went on for years.

Fast forward to 2018, half of the neighbours have moved away due to the antisocial behaviour and we have a whole new set of neighbours. We also get a bunch of thieves and robbers, who have moved in the area. The kind who mess with front door locks.

And so someone moves in below me, hears all of this banging the woman has caused - she's caused a domino effect "1 person" I can't believe it.... and then the new person starts joining in. So now it's not just one person but two smashing the wall in but two. I also found that the person who lives below the person who lives below me also... goes around smashing stuff. It's a never ending story.

I knew something was up when I kept hearing "drills" buzzing. But I just thought they were fixing stuff, until I heard it at 1AM... then I thought - this person is doing this on purpose, who does DIY at 1AM? Nobody! That's who.

But not only does the person below me smash stuff, they also follow me to the bathroom and then start slamming stuff. Windows? And I think the door underneath. For no reason, it's just like you get up and they follow. Before this person moved in the property was empty, and there were no problems, minus the woman next door.

I just had a bath today near to 5:00pm and was literally followed - I listened very carefully, I got into the bathroom it was quiet then all of a sudden someone follows me and starts up, aka the idiot below me. And this has been going on for a few days. All of a sudden this person is messing with taps and acting crazy. They know when I get up because my bed makes a "thud" sound because it's a cheap metal bed.

It's funny how some people get angry over little sounds. I just dare them to confront me face to face.

To those that seem crazy, "some" of you are not. But most of you will be in the long run. It causes paranoia and anxiety. Someone has been damaging my front door lock, and I can't figure out who. Because there are too many suspects in the area. I would blame the person below, but we've been having so much trouble as of recently, and there are more people who live in the area.

I'm at my wits end but I am stuck. So there is nothing I can really do. It's either live on the streets and be homeless, or endure it. I have been enduring since 2013, loads of neighbours have come and gone. In the end it makes it look like "YOU" are the antisocial one.

For example in 2014, I had a banging war with one of the previous neighbours below, they were slamming windows and doors, and I was smashing a hammer into the floor. That person left and the house became empty. I also started playing my radio super high.

And I have my radio on SUPER high at the moment. Because who wants to deal with petty behaviour? It's now 6PM. I hate having to put my radio on, I like quiet but the only way to get under your neighbours skin is to mirror "them". It does work, but can cause confrontations, and anti-social behaviour. You know those live/die situations?

From experience, police don't care and cannot do anything unless you get attacked or attack someone. And sometimes your actions, can backfire. So for example me playing my radio could backfire, but being as it is early, it's fine.

Not much I can say, but anyone who wants salvation - ESCAPE/LEAVE - if you can. Try to find somewhere new. If you have a job and money, rent somewhere new. It'll help, and if it's quiet and you are still having problems, it's you who has the mental health issue and you need to get help.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #114
cady
cady's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's so true. I know it seems like people are paranoid, but from what I have experienced since 2013, I know it is true. People are PETTY. It's mostly people with mental illness who are likely to try and annoy you in your home by making sounds or trying to upset you. In the end you end up somewhat mentally ill. The only one solution is to move away, but what do you do if you have nowhere to go?

I moved in my first apartment in 2013, and ever since I did I have had problems with a paranoid "schizo" and or "mentally" ill old woman neighbour, who gets upset over any little sound. Now this neighbour started banging the walls, so I banged back and this went on for years.

Fast forward to 2018, half of the neighbours have moved away due to the antisocial behaviour and we have a whole new set of neighbours. We also get a bunch of thieves and robbers, who have moved in the area. The kind who mess with front door locks.

And so someone moves in below me, hears all of this banging the woman has caused - she's caused a domino effect "1 person" I can't believe it.... and then the new person starts joining in. So now it's not just one person but two smashing the wall in but two. I also found that the person who lives below the person who lives below me also... goes around smashing stuff. It's a never ending story.

I knew something was up when I kept hearing "drills" buzzing. But I just thought they were fixing stuff, until I heard it at 1AM... then I thought - this person is doing this on purpose, who does DIY at 1AM? Nobody! That's who.

But not only does the person below me smash stuff, they also follow me to the bathroom and then start slamming stuff. Windows? And I think the door underneath. For no reason, it's just like you get up and they follow. Before this person moved in the property was empty, and there were no problems, minus the woman next door.

I just had a bath today near to 5:00pm and was literally followed - I listened very carefully, I got into the bathroom it was quiet then all of a sudden someone follows me and starts up, aka the idiot below me. And this has been going on for a few days. All of a sudden this person is messing with taps and acting crazy. They know when I get up because my bed makes a "thud" sound because it's a cheap metal bed.

It's funny how some people get angry over little sounds. I just dare them to confront me face to face.

To those that seem crazy, "some" of you are not. But most of you will be in the long run. It causes paranoia and anxiety. Someone has been damaging my front door lock, and I can't figure out who. Because there are too many suspects in the area. I would blame the person below, but we've been having so much trouble as of recently, and there are more people who live in the area.

I'm at my wits end but I am stuck. So there is nothing I can really do. It's either live on the streets and be homeless, or endure it. I have been enduring since 2013, loads of neighbours have come and gone. In the end it makes it look like "YOU" are the antisocial one.

For example in 2014, I had a banging war with one of the previous neighbours below, they were slamming windows and doors, and I was smashing a hammer into the floor. That person left and the house became empty. I also started playing my radio super high.

And I have my radio on SUPER high at the moment. Because who wants to deal with petty behaviour? It's now 6PM. I hate having to put my radio on, I like quiet but the only way to get under your neighbours skin is to mirror "them". It does work, but can cause confrontations, and anti-social behaviour. You know those live/die situations?

From experience, police don't care and cannot do anything unless you get attacked or attack someone. And sometimes your actions, can backfire. So for example me playing my radio could backfire, but being as it is early, it's fine.

Not much I can say, but anyone who wants salvation - ESCAPE/LEAVE - if you can. Try to find somewhere new. If you have a job and money, rent somewhere new. It'll help, and if it's quiet and you are still having problems, it's you who has the mental health issue and you need to get help.

Oh good Lord, makes me happy to live in a town home. At least there is limited direct neighbor walls.
cady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #115
Awareness

Hello

I have joined here so as to raise aware pertaining to covert abuse.

It is time for people to learn about narcissistic abuse.

Narcissistically disordered individuals are persons who are in the habit of abusing other people covertly.

Such individuals are very cowardly and are the kind to manipulate, lie, steal, cheat, break and enter, harrass or violate other people's boundaries in some way so as to "one-up", dominate and control other people to get them to hand over what is called "narcissistic supply".

These people have very parasitical ways of being in that they rely on others to get their needs met instead of being a source of supply to themselves.

They are individuals who are known to bully others and try to control them by engaging in covert abusive behaviour (stalking and harrassing being one of them).

Narcissistic individuals are fake, phoney and inauthentic and possess a huge sense of entitlement and are pathologically envious of other people.

They are like a raging toddler in the body of an adult (such people are impossible to reason with due to them not possessing the emotional resources to do so and nor do they care because of their huge sense of entitlement and sense of self importance).

They simply cannot stand others being more successful than them (or not giving them what they feel they have a right to take). They feel easily threatened, insecure and personally offended.

They also tend to be rather perverted (they are not above violating your personal space or privacy).

Please learn all you can about narcissistic abuse, the covert nature of it and how to stand up for yourself, your rights and how to set healthy/firm boundaries.

You can find lots of information (and read stories from people on Quora.com). Many people who have been in similar situations know about narcissistic abuse and the crazy-making nature of it.

You are NOT crazy, this type of covert abuse is called "gaslighting".

Such individuals are con-artists (i.e. they are very good a putting on a show and acting like they're the victim and badmouthing others so as to make them look like the culprit, the "crazy one", or the perpetrator).

There is a term called DARVO which stands for "Deny, Accuse, Reverse Victim Offender" so as to paint *you* as the "bad one", when they're the one acting in subhuman ways.

One of the best resources to learn about this online are those from "The Little Shaman" on youtube. Please do not be fooled by her username, as she is very well educated on narcissism, narcissistic abuse, the covert crazy-making nature of it and how to counter it.

I know this to be true because narcissism runs in my family and I have suffered a lot because of it and I recognize the signs of covert abuse.

My heart goes all to all of you who are dealing with a situation such as this one as I'm currently going through this too. My upstairs neighbour is unstable and I've caught her walking into my apartment while I was asleep. Thank god I'm a light sleeper and I heard her.

This wasn't the first time she had tried coming in (one time my door was locked and I heard her in the hallway trying to get in).

Mind you, I have only been here for 2 weeks and I'm already going through sh*t like this.

It's mind-boggling.

I really wished more lawyers would know/learn about narcissism, narcissists and covert narcissistic abuse so they could those who are entangled in legal situations with narcissists.

This is why often times you'll see people mentioning things such as:
- this person is impossible to reason with
- this person doesn't seem to respect my requests/needs/personal space/boundaries
- this person is a repeated offender
- this person is so good at playing the victim and blaming me for their wrongdoings and mishaps
- this person acts defiantly when asked not to do something
- this person puts on a show, lie and manipulate to get their way and "win"

Please people, do your research and learn all you can about it, it will greatly benefit you.

Be safe and be will.

Wishing you all the best.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 AM   #116
rwilson14
rwilson14's Flag is: United States

For this problem you can't help it and the only you can do is explain your neighbors politely about the problem you are facing.
Regard,
rwilson14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 06:13 AM   #117
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Hello

I have joined here so as to raise aware pertaining to covert abuse.

It is time for people to learn about narcissistic abuse.

Narcissistically disordered individuals are persons who are in the habit of abusing other people covertly.

Such individuals are very cowardly and are the kind to manipulate, lie, steal, cheat, break and enter, harrass or violate other people's boundaries in some way so as to "one-up", dominate and control other people to get them to hand over what is called "narcissistic supply".

These people have very parasitical ways of being in that they rely on others to get their needs met instead of being a source of supply to themselves.

They are individuals who are known to bully others and try to control them by engaging in covert abusive behaviour (stalking and harrassing being one of them).

Narcissistic individuals are fake, phoney and inauthentic and possess a huge sense of entitlement and are pathologically envious of other people.

They are like a raging toddler in the body of an adult (such people are impossible to reason with due to them not possessing the emotional resources to do so and nor do they care because of their huge sense of entitlement and sense of self importance).

They simply cannot stand others being more successful than them (or not giving them what they feel they have a right to take). They feel easily threatened, insecure and personally offended.

They also tend to be rather perverted (they are not above violating your personal space or privacy).

Please learn all you can about narcissistic abuse, the covert nature of it and how to stand up for yourself, your rights and how to set healthy/firm boundaries.

You can find lots of information (and read stories from people on Quora.com). Many people who have been in similar situations know about narcissistic abuse and the crazy-making nature of it.

You are NOT crazy, this type of covert abuse is called "gaslighting".

Such individuals are con-artists (i.e. they are very good a putting on a show and acting like they're the victim and badmouthing others so as to make them look like the culprit, the "crazy one", or the perpetrator).

There is a term called DARVO which stands for "Deny, Accuse, Reverse Victim Offender" so as to paint *you* as the "bad one", when they're the one acting in subhuman ways.

One of the best resources to learn about this online are those from "The Little Shaman" on youtube. Please do not be fooled by her username, as she is very well educated on narcissism, narcissistic abuse, the covert crazy-making nature of it and how to counter it.

I know this to be true because narcissism runs in my family and I have suffered a lot because of it and I recognize the signs of covert abuse.

My heart goes all to all of you who are dealing with a situation such as this one as I'm currently going through this too. My upstairs neighbour is unstable and I've caught her walking into my apartment while I was asleep. Thank god I'm a light sleeper and I heard her.

This wasn't the first time she had tried coming in (one time my door was locked and I heard her in the hallway trying to get in).

Mind you, I have only been here for 2 weeks and I'm already going through sh*t like this.

It's mind-boggling.

I really wished more lawyers would know/learn about narcissism, narcissists and covert narcissistic abuse so they could those who are entangled in legal situations with narcissists.

This is why often times you'll see people mentioning things such as:
- this person is impossible to reason with
- this person doesn't seem to respect my requests/needs/personal space/boundaries
- this person is a repeated offender
- this person is so good at playing the victim and blaming me for their wrongdoings and mishaps
- this person acts defiantly when asked not to do something
- this person puts on a show, lie and manipulate to get their way and "win"

Please people, do your research and learn all you can about it, it will greatly benefit you.

Be safe and be will.

Wishing you all the best.

Yikes that sounds pretty bad!