Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Stressed babysitter: Accused of stealing money and being a criminal

I took a job babysitting for a single mother. I worked for her and she paid me cash. After about 7 months of working, we got into a small indiffernce on schedualing and she fired me. She had paid me up front for two weeks that of which I only worked 1.5 of. I owe her the rest and I sent her a letter stating that I will pay her back on by the end of this month. However, she claims that I "stole" the money and that I am a criminal. She also claims to have taken out a police repost on me for theft. She paid in check. She allowed me to cash it...how is this theft? I dont understand! I never did anything wrong. She says that she will sue me if I dont pay her an exaggerated amount of money. (she added like 1,000 to the actual amount I owe her). What should I do? She is also attempting to intimidate me in harsh letters. I am just a college student and she is pretty wealthy.
  • randalljd
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    • Mar 2007

re: Stressed babysitter: Accused of stealing money and being a criminal

That is not theft--she is wrong; just pay her back reasonably soon when possible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...