USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

How Long Does it take To Pay My Claim by Life Insurance Company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john012
    • May 2018
    • United States

• Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: How Long Does it take To Pay My Claim by Life Insurance Company?

In this case if the claim is not complicated and all the documents are proper, there will not be much delay from the part of Life Insurance Company.

Comment

• Unregistered

If it is more than 30 or 60days you would seem to have some kind of issue that needs to be resolved. Get on the phone with customer service diligently. It's not likely you need a lawyer as a first step.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

Is the claim is complicated? Did you check with the insurance company?

Comment

• adjusterjack
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • May 2016

Originally posted by john012
          What did the claims person at the life insurance company say when you asked that question?

If you haven't asked, I suggest you do.

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Seems like John is not coming back. Maybe he got his payout.

Comment

• Unregistered

I guess he DID!

Comment

• Sandra31

What does it mean to pay my claim by the life insurer, how does that work?

Does the person claiming report the death of the insured or what exactly does this mean?

Comment

• adjusterjack
                  Top Level Member
                  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                  • May 2016

When a person buys a life insurance policy he designates a beneficiary to whom the death benefit is to be paid.

Upon the death of the insured, the beneficiary obtains a certified copy of the death certificate, fills out a claim form, and sends them to the insurance company's claims department.

A check for the death benefit is then sent to the beneficiary.

The process can take from one to four weeks.

An exception can occur if death occurs during the contestability period (typically the first two years of the policy). You can read about that at:

The life insurance contestability period is a short window when insurance companies can investigate and deny death claims.Read on the complete guide to know more.

Comment

• Sandra31

Originally posted by adjusterjack
                    When a person buys a life insurance policy he designates a beneficiary to whom the death benefit is to be paid.

Upon the death of the insured, the beneficiary obtains a certified copy of the death certificate, fills out a claim form, and sends them to the insurance company's claims department.

A check for the death benefit is then sent to the beneficiary.

The process can take from one to four weeks.

An exception can occur if death occurs during the contestability period (typically the first two years of the policy). You can read about that at:

https://www.insure.com/life-insuranc...stability.html

Ahh, very well explained, thank you very much!

Comment

• thomasben2296
                      • Sep 2019
                      • UK

If all the documents are properly submitted within two weeks the claim process will be completed or if any delayed contact the insurance company directly and know the reason.

Comment

• thomasben2296
                        • Sep 2019
                        • UK

Usually, it takes more than two weeks to claim the life insurance if all the documents are properly submitted to the insurance company.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...