Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
lmvv
lmvv's Flag is: United States

Default A student in my classroom secretly recorded

Texas

A student in my classroom secretly recorded my classroom. I was called into the office and was asked to to resign. i wouldn't resign, sot they put me on adminstrative leave until a full investigation has been done. My first question is it legal for a student to record my classroom? 2. i asked to hear the evidence they had against me and was told no. Im at a lost as to what I need to do. I want to start looking for a new teaching job, but I don't know if I can since I am under investigation. I am 100% confident when the investigation in done my name will be cleared!
lmvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: A student in my classroom secretly recorded

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmvv View Post
Texas

A student in my classroom secretly recorded my classroom. I was called into the office and was asked to to resign. i wouldn't resign, sot they put me on adminstrative leave until a full investigation has been done. My first question is it legal for a student to record my classroom? !
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmvv View Post
2. i asked to hear the evidence they had against me and was told no. Im at a lost as to what I need to do. I want to start looking for a new teaching job, but I don't know if I can since I am under investigation. I am 100% confident when the investigation in done my name will be cleared!
You're only entitled to hear the evidence if you are criminally prosecuted or end up in civil court.

Are you on leave with pay?

If not, then it's the equivalent of a termination and you should file for unemployment and look for another job.

If you are still being paid, then just stick it out and see how it goes.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Unregistered

Not sure what they recorded--only you know but if you think it might not be proper it probably wasn't.

And if not proper, in their opinion, they unfortunately can dismiss you.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #4
Unregistered

Of course you can challenge it in court but unless you are SURE to win who wants that all over the public record?

Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this scenario it is good to wait for the investigation report.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote