Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Misdemeanors in General Sessions Court

South Carolina.......My husband is charged with a misdemeanor, assault and battery 2nd degree, and I am charged with a misdemeanor, Telephone/ Use of 911 number unlawfully. The statutes on these charges are 16-03-0600(D)(1) and 23-47-0080 . Can you please tell me why both of these are being sent to General Sessions court and what this may mean for us?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Misdemeanors in General Sessions Court

I wish to inform you that charges made against you are criminal in nature and therefore lawsuit will be in General Sessions Court. General Sessions Court deals with criminal cases where you and your husband will be represented either in person or by your counsel and opposite side will be state through its counsel. Further, as you and your husband is accused for criminal offence therefore firstly opposite side bears the burden of proving beyond reasonable doubt the offences were committed by you and your husband. You may present your evidence and can rebut the charges.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...