•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scion2
    • Jul 2017
    • United States

Fake doctor notes

I work for an hospital. Over past two years I have gotten my husband about 5 sick notes from the doctor I work for. Doctor wasn't aware of it. My husband got caught and was fired. I told my boss and the doctor what I did. I was fired. Can anything more be done to me?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Fake doctor notes

I wish to inform you that you may be held liable under criminal law for acts like forgery. As medical prescription from doctor was made thus doctor may take action against you if his signatures on prescription of other details were forged.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

In this case it is better to talk with the human resource department in the hospital and convince them your innocence. They can handle the issue professionally.

Comment

• ron688
        • Jan 2017
        • United States

Problem is, the person already said they are NOT innocent!

Comment

• Unregistered

Being fired may be the end of it.
          Buy if it is the end of it, be thankful and certainly NEVER do that again.

You are taking a very big risk forging doctor's notes.

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by AFFA
            I wish to inform you that you may be held liable under criminal law for acts like forgery. As medical prescription from doctor was made thus doctor may take action against you if his signatures on prescription of other details were forged.
            This does not involved prescriptions. You need to read the original post before commenting.

Comment

• Unregistered

Signing a doctor's name to a note is forgery.
              It is a crime.
              Whether the doctor's office reports it or not is another question.

Comment

• Galamm
                • Mar 2017
                • United States

Never do that again. That could be serious if a doctor wants to push the issue.

Comment

• jasper5

Unfortunately there are prosecutions on record for this kind of activity.
                  Be hopeful the doctor's office chooses not to push it, if that is the case.

Comment

• Unregistered

First of all, it may be hard for you to find a job now as your prospective employers will most probably call your previous employers for references, and this is an ethical issue if the employer who got you fired omits such things. If he/she does, and later your new employer finds out, the former employer risks getting sued.

You didn’t mention what position you occupied in the hospital. If you are a nurse, you may also be subject to disciplinary proceedings and as a result lose your license – probably permanently. And yes, you can be charged with a crime, since this document required a signature of the doctor. I guess your employer is obliged to report such cases. Moreover, I believe your husband can also be charged. Mind that talking to the authorities yourself won’t do you any good so you’d better hire a lawyer. Here is the law firm I suggest you contact https://www.nycriminallawyers.com/. It has a team of highly qualified and knowledgeable lawyers who have experience precisely in healthcare fraud cases. Get a consultation before it’s too late. And if the employer decides not to get the case going, well I hope you got the lesson right.

Comment

• Unregistered

My son was kicked out of private school for just writing one sick note that was supposedly signed by me his parent. And we were not refunded the tuition for the year.
                      So it seems to be a serious issue in most peoples' minds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...