Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Copyright, Trademark, Patent

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #411
Unregistered

Default Re: Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

Hi Guys,
I received an email from Clement & Ho on April 26 saying that i sold counterfeit Otterbox and that they represent OtterBox. They told me contact them before May 10 which already past, otherwise they will file a complaint to federal court. I found out many people got this type of emails or letters from them and advice to ignore them. But today, i just received another email from them with ready to file complaint included and says that if I don't contact them by May 26th 2017, they will no longer send any notice and will file the complaint. What should do? Should I still ignore it? how did you guy handle with these people? have any of you guys resolve the issue with them? I do appreciated for any inputs, thanks in advance.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #412
Unregistered

Ignore them and stop selling if you are selling.

That is my advice, been there.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #413
Unregistered

Thanks a lot for quick response. I already stop selling them since they send me the first email. Have you receive any email from them? did they take any action afterward?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #414
Unregistered

Just received this same letter regarding popsockets. Called and talked to him and they want money. I only sold to 4 buyers, 1 must of been them. Stopped selling when eBay took them down didn't realize It was trademarked and not allowed. Should I also ignore future emails? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #415
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just received this same letter regarding popsockets. Called and talked to him and they want money. I only sold to 4 buyers, 1 must of been them. Stopped selling when eBay took them down didn't realize It was trademarked and not allowed. Should I also ignore future emails? Thanks in advance.
*** it was an email, not a letter

Old 09-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #416
San Diego 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you stop selling the item, then ignoring all the threats seems to be the best advice offered above by many many people.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #417
Wenton2
Top Level Member
Wenton2's Flag is: United States

The standard approach as you will see if you read all of the above is to cease all selling of the product and and ignore further emails etc.

And then hope and pray that it is not worth it for the company to actually sue you.
Wenton2 is offline   Reply With Quote