Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #311
Tondal

Default Re: Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

Over 99,000 people have visited this subject here.
And to me it has been very helpful in several ways.

Maybe Highway many you should just ignore subjects you nothing about.
And not waste everybody's time. Like you are doing here.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #312
SPGinHOU
SPGinHOU's Flag is: United States

I purchased a 2014 SL 550 in November, 2016. It had gone through the Certified Pre Owned inspection and repair. Only two days after I purchased the car I had a leak in one of the tires. It held for a while but started leaking again a few months later. I had an Independent Service Provider (ISP) repair a cracked rim. The repair held for several months. The tire started leaking again last month. I brought the vehicle in to MB for the 40,000 mile maintenance and asked that the repair the leaking tire. They informed me that the repaired wheel had failed and I would need to buy another wheel for $2000. I told them to put Air in the tire that I was going to take it elsewhere. When the ISP inspected the car they found all four wheels were cracked. I called the MB service rep and asked if they had inspected the wheels during the 40,000 mile maintenance check, they said they had, I then made him aware that they missed three cracked wheels. I then called MBUSA to file a complaint having learned about the class action. They said I would need to take the car back to the MB service center to confirm the four cracked wheels, which I did. MB service quoted a price of $8,995 for four new rims. After waiting five days for MBUSA to call me back, I called them to have the “upper management” rep tell me MB would reduce the cost by $900, a ten percent reduction. It is my belief that MB either did not inspect the wheels. during the CPO process or knew the tires were cracked and sold the vehicle to me that way anyway. I do not remember hitting a pothole. I have since purchased four after market wheels that are manufactured using the same process as MB (low pressure casting) but at a savings of $8195. Yes, the after market wheels are 1/10th the cost of the MB wheels which I already know are faulty and do not support the vehicle. I have reached out yet again to the Sales Dept at the dealership that sold me the car and walked them through this debacle. They are going to talk to the Mercedes Benz Representative and get back to me. I doubt that they will do anything more than what has already been offered. Does anyone know where I can go to join the class action?
Cracked up,
SPG in HOU
SPGinHOU is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #313
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPGinHOU View Post
Does anyone know where I can go to join the class action?
There apparently IS no class action. Join a MB user group forum so you can share stories with people who have a common interest with you? This thread has really outlived its useful life.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #314
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondal View Post
Maybe Highway many you should just ignore subjects you nothing about.
I would think that you should just spend more time learning English, or at least learning how to type.

Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #315
Kurt56

I have to admit I agree with many of the posters here that the tires seem to be abnormally sensitive. I replaced two myself.
Kind of surprising considering MB's reputation.