Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
Net2010
Net2010's Flag is: United States

Default Fired after short fling

My sister slept with her boss and two weeks later she was fired over bogus claims by that same boss. She is devastated.

Can he be sued or somehow punished for what he has done?
What laws if any did he break?
Net2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Fired after short fling

I wish to inform you that your sister may inform law enforcement authorities regarding false statement by her boss for termination of employment and his act of sleeping with her. Further your sister may claim compensation for defamation caused to her because her employment was terminated on false charges.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net2010 View Post
My sister slept with her boss and two weeks later she was fired over bogus claims by that same boss. She is devastated.

It's unlikely that any criminal prosecution will ever occur but she can certainly sue for sexual harassment and wrongful termination.

I suggest she consult an attorney who specializes in sexual harassment lawsuits.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-05-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net2010 View Post

Yes he can be sued if there was no real reason to fire her. It happens all the time.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

She can file a complaint with the law enforcement against her boss for sexual harassment and defamation.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote