Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 PM   #21
Unregistered

Default Re: Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Kanin View Post
I just came across this thread today. How is it going for you and the child support agreement you are looking to make?

I have been drafting a guide for Child Support because me and my ex-wife had been separated for 4 years now. I have been giving support for my kids (70% of my income), however, we never really drafted any document to prove it. Since reading (and thoroughly studying) the Violence Against Women and their Children Act, I decided to have a proper Child Support Agreement to cover my ass, just in case.

If you’re a parent, it is safe to assume that you would want the best for your child and you wouldn’t hesitate to provide adequate support. However, it’s unfortunate that when it comes to support for the common children (whether legitimate or illegitimate), so many fathers still fail (or worse, simply refuse) to provide adequate support. Whatever the reason is, and regardless of whether or not these reasons are correct, the problem became pervasive, so much so that Congress saw it fit to “criminalize” (only against fathers) the withholding of support in certain instances. Not everyone knows that this is covered under Republic Act No. 9262, otherwise known as the “Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004“.

If you'd like, I could send you the copy of the Child Support Guide I've been working on and see if it would fit your needs.

Hi Sir.. I would like to ask a copy of this drafted agreement. Pls send me at madelyn.tala@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #22
SW001
SW001's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misscherry View Post
I live in the Philippines, I have a son in 7th Grade who goes to a well known, decent, catholic college and tuition fee is only half of yours, less government subsidies. If you are paying 60k for each of your child's tuition fees and the father only earns 90k/month, your school fees are more than what he earns, rememmber that ther are other expenses besides the school fees. it may be wise and practical to send your children to a more economical but quality school, im sure that you can find some in your area. We have to be reasonable, even if the father gives child support for your children he also has his expenses and has to be able to live to go to work so he can support his children. Child support is going to be based on their reasonable monthly needs and expenses.
I think you misunderstood. The annual tuition of each child is 60k/yr or 5k/month, while the father earns 90k/mo. Equivalent to 1,080,000/year. Surely, the father is capable to support both child’s tuition fee as well as other expenses
Plus other expenses.
SW001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #23
SW001
SW001's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenton View Post
Excellent comment.
Couldn't agree more!
Tuition fee 5k/month against salary of 90k/mo
SW001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #24
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misscherry View Post
I live in the Philippines, I have a son in 7th Grade who goes to a well known, decent, catholic college and tuition fee is only half of yours, less government subsidies. If you are paying 60k for each of your child's tuition fees and the father only earns 90k/month, your school fees are more than what he earns, rememmber that ther are other expenses besides the school fees. it may be wise and practical to send your children to a more economical but quality school, im sure that you can find some in your area. We have to be reasonable, even if the father gives child support for your children he also has his expenses and has to be able to live to go to work so he can support his children. Child support is going to be based on their reasonable monthly needs and expenses.
it’s 60k PER ANNUM for the tuition fees, 120k per year for the 2 kids, her husband’s paycheck is 90k PER MONTH, so 90k x 12 = 1,080,000 PER YEAR, so basically he can provide the 120k tuition fee of his 2 kids.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #25
Purplescale
Purplescale's Flag is: Philippines

I have 3 kids 14 12 and 6. The father does not have a stable income but works as a tourist van service driver. He does not give any financial support for over a year and only visits once every 3 months, treats them to the movies and give each 100 pesos for snacks. How can i demand for child support since 2 of my kids are already in junior high school. I am a call center employee and the reason given by the father for lack of support is because i earn more than he does.
Purplescale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2018, 03:12 AM   #26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Kanin View Post
I just came across this thread today. How is it going for you and the child support agreement you are looking to make?

I have been drafting a guide for Child Support because me and my ex-wife had been separated for 4 years now. I have been giving support for my kids (70% of my income), however, we never really drafted any document to prove it. Since reading (and thoroughly studying) the Violence Against Women and their Children Act, I decided to have a proper Child Support Agreement to cover my ass, just in case.

If you’re a parent, it is safe to assume that you would want the best for your child and you wouldn’t hesitate to provide adequate support. However, it’s unfortunate that when it comes to support for the common children (whether legitimate or illegitimate), so many fathers still fail (or worse, simply refuse) to provide adequate support. Whatever the reason is, and regardless of whether or not these reasons are correct, the problem became pervasive, so much so that Congress saw it fit to “criminalize” (only against fathers) the withholding of support in certain instances. Not everyone knows that this is covered under Republic Act No. 9262, otherwise known as the “Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004“.

If you'd like, I could send you the copy of the Child Support Guide I've been working on and see if it would fit your needs.
Sir i came accross this thread and if its ok to ask for ur help i wanted to know what would be a just amount for child support as well and any benefits inculded. Rubyjoyce_reodava@yahoo.com

Old 04-10-2018, 03:42 AM   #27
Yulu
Yulu's Flag is: United States

20 to 25% of the parent's income is a common figure.
Yulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #28
dani0912
dani0912's Flag is: Philippines

Hi I have an 8 year old son who has Cerebral Palsy and the dad is working in Saudi Arabia, he is giving support but very inconsistent and would only range from 2000 PH to 2500 PH A MONTH. We are not married but my son is acknowledge by him which means my son has his last name. His needs are expensive since he is special which means at 8 he still uses diapers. He also has 2 meds for maintenance. I have been reading the thread about child support but I have not read of someone who has a condition like my son. and it says 20 to 25% of the dads salary but how about if the child needs more because of his condition? and since he is married now does his wife has the say of how much he can give for support for our son? I would really appreciate if someone can answer this for me. an email would also be appreciated. danilynbajan0912@gmail.com Thank you.
dani0912 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #29
dani0912
dani0912's Flag is: Philippines

how about if the child has disability? would it be more? I would appreciate if I can get an answer for this. Thank you
dani0912 is offline   Reply With Quote