Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > Adoption Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
???????????
you go i feel the same way..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #12
Unregistered

Re: I want my daughter back: I was rushed through the adoption process

I did an adoption 3 yrs ago,in florida its just not right how they expect us to give away our flesh n blood n walk away,I was in a really bad situation,and I think due to the stress of everything this is what resulted,its an open adoption,but nothing is open abt it these people who cant have kids it is for a reason,n when they get ur kids everything changes,I love n miss my son so much some days I cant even function,something is missing from my life,adoption laws needs to be changed,I don't have the money to fight for my son n gods knows what these people r telling him.when I told them I wanted him bac I was threatened n now they hav the upper hand n how this is been handled is not in the best interest of my son,I feel like this was wrong no one told me this could happen,wen they come they act so innocent n now we have to beg n plead to c my child,My son need to be returned cause what is happening is not in best interest

Old 04-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
130smartchick
Top Level Member

Default Re: I want my daughter back: I was rushed through the adoption process

Your rights were terminated in one of 2 ways. You either voluntarily relinquished them because you knew you could not properly care for your child or they were terminated for cause, typically the state finds you incapable of caring for your child.

Your situation may have changed over these past several years, and that is a good thing. However no good parent would expect a young child to wait around for that epiphany to occur. Likewise no good parent would seek to destroy the new life the child is finally able to build.

You made a choice or the choice was made for you. Either way you need to let the child have their life.
130smartchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donivan View Post
So let me get this straight -- you have a baby with someone who doesn't want a child or you, this person tries to force you to give the baby to someone who wants her, you decide to give her up because he wants you to. Then some family takes on raising your child as their own, probably falls in love with her and gives her the moon, but that is not enough for you?! Now, you want to rip a baby out of the arms of the only people who truly want her and love her?! How heartbreaking for someone who only tried to help you...and how sad that you are willing to hurt your very own daughter that badly by taking her away from the only parents she has ever known...its a sad world indeed.
You obviously don't have children of your own lady!

Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #15
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
I did an adoption 3 yrs ago,in florida its just not right how they expect us to give away our flesh n blood n walk away,I was in a really bad situation,and I think due to the stress of everything this is what resulted,its an open adoption,but nothing is open abt it these people who cant have kids it is for a reason,n when they get ur kids everything changes,I love n miss my son so much some days I cant even function,something is missing from my life,adoption laws needs to be changed,I don't have the money to fight for my son n gods knows what these people r telling him.when I told them I wanted him bac I was threatened n now they hav the upper hand n how this is been handled is not in the best interest of my son,I feel like this was wrong no one told me this could happen,wen they come they act so innocent n now we have to beg n plead to c my child,My son need to be returned cause what is happening is not in best interest
If there was duress, if you did not understand the consequences of the adoption, then I suggest you see a family law attorney and explain the full facts of how the adoption came about.

Although adoptions are intended to be final, there are certain circumstances under the law when they can be reversed. If there were threats to induce you to give your child up, then you well may have a chance of getting the adoption vacated.

Since it has been a relatively brief time between the time you adopted and now, you have a better chance than if you had waited five or more years.

Let no one dissuade you from getting an informed opinion from an experienced Florida family law attorney -- who will know the full facts, the law -- and most likely the judge.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #16
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Regret 3 years later will likely be seen as a ploy to qualify for Gov't assistance or some other benefit after 3 years. Ultimately, the cost of an attorney will fall on you. It is unlikely there will be a reason to undue the adoption after this long, a claim of duress is a bit late.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donivan View Post
So let me get this straight -- you have a baby with someone who doesn't want a child or you, this person tries to force you to give the baby to someone who wants her, you decide to give her up because he wants you to. Then some family takes on raising your child as their own, probably falls in love with her and gives her the moon, but that is not enough for you?! Now, you want to rip a baby out of the arms of the only people who truly want her and love her?! How heartbreaking for someone who only tried to help you...and how sad that you are willing to hurt your very own daughter that badly by taking her away from the only parents she has ever known...its a sad world indeed.

You need to shut the hell up everything you said sounds dumb it's her baby you can't judge her wanting it back you *******.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #18
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Quote:
You need to shut the hell up everything you said sounds dumb it's her baby you can't judge her wanting it back you *******.
You are missing the point. It is no longer her baby and her rights are limited by law in her jurisdiction. For her it is not looking goof that she woke one morning, three years later, and decided she wants to be mommy. Having another child is more logical.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #19
ahensey205

I went through the same thing with my child but DSS treated me to give her up. It has been 2 1/2 years on can I get her back if I force by DSS and my Group Home?
ahensey205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #20
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Again as in the last post, claiming you suddenly woke up 2.5 years later and felt you were pressured is unlikely to get the child back.