Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
lyresyam

Default Child Support (Philippines)

I just wanna ask if my baby is eligible for child support. I am with my live in partner which is a US retired military and is an American by citizenship (but Filipino by blood) for almost 3 years now here in the Philippines. He is about to go back to the US next month and I am afraid that he will not support our baby after. Were struggling in our relationship for quite sometime now due to his affair to this other woman. We started living together june 2013 and had a baby just last year april 2015. Finding out about his affair last june 2015 just a couple months after i gave birth started my fear that he will leave us anytime and abandoned our baby. Weve been fighting for money issues and him still having an affair, every now and then since i knew about all of his ****. Also i found out that hes been with that other woman since march 2014 and im sure until now theyre still communicating with each other. I have a strong feeling that theyre still on. Many scenarios has happened that id found out theyre still seeing each other every now and then, texting, etc. Ive even asked him many times to choose between me and her but he always stays with me after all. However him fooling me and lying to me everytime not only about his affair but for almost everything hurts me so bad that even our baby is now being affected. I tried talking to him what are his plans but he cant give me an answer. I even said that I will just be the one who will give up our relp but he keep insisting saying that not to, that we can still work on it. That im sure isnt true. We always ended up arguing with each other everytime i try to confront him about his affair,things hat he lied or even just try to talk what are his plans to our baby. He even left us many times hanging without knowing his whereabouts then comeback after when I found out hes with his other woman. I was thinking he is just afraid of having his family know whats really happening with him back here due to their family background status back in their US and here in the PI thats why he keeps on staying with me. Though his parents back in the US and relatives here somehow found out him having an affair with the other woman recently. From what I know thats one of the reason why they want him back to the US. I know that his parents esp his dad is against our relp at first because of me having other kids before. My partner even admitted that his parents are afraid that what happened before with his ex wife in the states might happen again to us because of the same reason -kids. Were not married yet. That is a fact. So now I dont know what to do if ever he will be going to leave us permanently and forget his responsibility to our baby. I gave up my job. Left my family in the province. Moved in with him. And now the only one taking all this crap. Worst case scenario is that i just found out lately too that I am pregnant of course with him. He knew about it but havent said that much or talked to me whats his plan with it. What to do now? Bottom line is can I file for a case or petition for a child support regarding my situation? Hes a fully retired military (20yrs in service) and is getting a monthly pension. But my other concern is that since hes leaving for US next month can I still file or ask about this to him. Im planning of just ending our relp for good since he got really no plans about us and that I am afraid he will just forget his responsibility once he gets back to te US. Please help me what to do? Or advise me what are my options. Thanks and I hope to hear a response from you guys soon!
lyresyam is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Child Support (Philippines)

I wish to inform you that the father has no duty to pay child support till paternity is established. Once paternity is established, you may file a petition in the local Court for child support. Please note that there is no agreement on child support between the United States and the Philippines but you may file the order of the Philippines Court on child support in the Court in the United States for recognition and enforcement. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #3
lyresyam

Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by establishing paternity. Is birth certicate recognized by him be enough? Were planning of proccessing our baby's Certificate of Birth Abroad for the baby to be recognized as dual citizen (Fil-Am) but still in the process of completing some forms.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

The Philippines is not party to the Hague convention so there is no process by which you could compel him to pay support if he moves back to the US. Nor is there a way to force him to recognize the child and prove paternity.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #5
lyresyam

when do you mean "establish a paternity" would that include a NSO authenticated Birth Certificate signed/acknowledged by his father? i mean my childs last name was the same with his last name. is DS 5507 could apply?