Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #271
Unregistered

Default Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
You can go without any fear. Only at very rare times the banks file a fraudulent case on the defaulter which gives them a trouble in any arab country they land.
EMIRATES NBD hires 3rd party collection agencies to do their illegal dirty work. One such an agency is called STANQUAD. Their agents knowingly break the law and try to extort money from people. Don't fall for it, they are bullies and their actions will cost them dearly when they get hit with criminal charges.

Report them.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #272
Unregistered

Mumbai call centre raids: All accused are 20-somethings who could speak English, handle computers, says Police

http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...olice-3067433/

Old 01-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #273
Unregistered

SCOT'S DUBAI NIGHTMARE Scots expat trapped in Dubai homelessness hell after being terrorised by debt collectors who threatened he would be raped in jail

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...homeless-debt/

Old 01-17-2018, 06:51 AM   #274
Scorpiongirl201
Scorpiongirl201's Flag is: Bahrain

Hi, i have a same issue, i left dubai. Last year 2016 and have 2 credit cards, one is emirates Islamic with 5k dhs limit and the other is from dunia finance loan of 24,000DHs, they also issued me credit card with limit of 2,200 dhs only but they said it is now 21,000 dhs. Now i need to travel back to dubai for a business trip. I tried to call Dunia to help me settle my debts but they want me to pay my credit card which is 10x of the principal amount. They said i already have a police case.

Can anyone pls help me if i will land to dubai, do i go to jail for yhese amounts or i will just be fined for this and i am good to go.

Please help me.
Scorpiongirl201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #275
Unregistered

Hi,

I have a personal loan debt with Mashreq Bank with current total AED303,000. I had lost my job in May 2017 and made payments to them up until December 2017. I fell 1 month into arrears in August 2017. In December 2017 my employer who had kept my visa active took me back but in a much more of junior position with my monthly salary now being aed6000. I accepted this as I had no other choice but to take this. From January 2018 I had no more resources to continue making payments to this loan and requested a restructure from them. They asked for my job offer etc, then refused it stating I must make one instalment which about aed12,000 then they will consider the rescheduling. In February 2018 they referred my case to Bilkish and I fell at the same problem with them. Now into March 2018 they have appointed Tasheel and I have informed the same - they are yet to provide any feedback. The bank knew I had lost my job in May 2017 as I went to their collections department personally to request a temporary restructure to allow me to continue making payments that I can afford during unemployment and once back in to work I can start repaying. They outright declined this - stating I must in a job to request a restructure. I have been pleading with them to understand I want to repay them, but due to my income being much less than before that they reconsider and allow me to repay them - something which they keep refusing. I have stressed to them that they must look at my period of unemployment and determine that for 6 months I continued to meet my obligations with them despite having nothing to live on, something which they state is now irrelevant.

What I would like to know from the forum is what are my legal obligations. I do not want to abscond, as that will be diminished responsibility on my part and furthermore I genuinely want to repay what I have borrowed. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated on what are options legally and the possible outcomes and timeline of what to expect.

THANK YOU!

Old 03-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #276
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have a personal loan debt with Mashreq Bank with current total AED303,000. I had lost my job in May 2017 and made payments to them up until December 2017. I fell 1 month into arrears in August 2017. In December 2017 my employer who had kept my visa active took me back but in a much more of junior position with my monthly salary now being aed6000. I accepted this as I had no other choice but to take this. From January 2018 I had no more resources to continue making payments to this loan and requested a restructure from them. They asked for my job offer etc, then refused it stating I must make one instalment which about aed12,000 then they will consider the rescheduling. In February 2018 they referred my case to Bilkish and I fell at the same problem with them. Now into March 2018 they have appointed Tasheel and I have informed the same - they are yet to provide any feedback. The bank knew I had lost my job in May 2017 as I went to their collections department personally to request a temporary restructure to allow me to continue making payments that I can afford during unemployment and once back in to work I can start repaying. They outright declined this - stating I must in a job to request a restructure. I have been pleading with them to understand I want to repay them, but due to my income being much less than before that they reconsider and allow me to repay them - something which they keep refusing. I have stressed to them that they must look at my period of unemployment and determine that for 6 months I continued to meet my obligations with them despite having nothing to live on, something which they state is now irrelevant.

What I would like to know from the forum is what are my legal obligations. I do not want to abscond, as that will be diminished responsibility on my part and furthermore I genuinely want to repay what I have borrowed. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated on what are options legally and the possible outcomes and timeline of what to expect.

THANK YOU!
You probably only need sometime to get on track so that you can make the payments how the banks need from you. Approaching the bank for rescheduling or restructuring your loan will not work anyway as they would never consider it. Just stop making any payments to them for now and do not respond to any of the collection agencies. Wait for the bank to file a case of cheque bounce which you can clear with a simple court fine. Prepare yourself with some cash to pay the fine, rather than making any payment towards the banks for now. As you do not have amy intentions of not paying them, doing this can Atleast buy you time and legally you would only be fined, also depends on the Emirate.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #277
zoheb679
zoheb679's Flag is: Pakistan

Guys I am very much relaxed been struggling hard due to this ****ty debt i had took with ENBD of around 30000AED as of yet in June it was 16000AED I had been paying even with extra penalty because I had to use intl bank account and in pakistan you cannot send via IBAN without some legal paper work altho I managed but sooner or.later a time came I couldn't pay back the system in UAE just is disturbing my employer didn't pay my remaining salary etc and then this stupid debt i had taken this thing has killed.me.literally I had been paying the EMI's with my arm and leg but these morons kept threatening me I am not sure at all whether I am banned or not or a law suit is there but all i know I am not a fraud nor a criminal I am willing to pay but i need timeI have a serious query to make that is will this DEBT affect our travel to other nations like I have chance for US immigration so will this ****ty business get in my way altho I will tell them I owe some money in xyz I will pay let me know if it will or will not affect I need serious advices.

PS:I have read most every thread and felt very happy that none of us has or had bad intention its just the f ed up system of UAE which landed most of us in some chaos.
Cheers to everyone x
zoheb679 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 09:10 PM   #278
zoheb679
zoheb679's Flag is: Pakistan

Quote:
Here is to everyone who are in deep stress about your liabilities in the UAE..Officially yet to be announced very soon, yet this is nothing less than a official announcement as it is from the most reputed “THE NATIONAL”. Please have a look at the link below to find out and be stress free going forward, still not relieved? the cheque amount is bigger than what is mentioned in the news? then get in touch, you need to know something unknown.

Link 1: https://www.thenational.ae/uae/bounc...ystem-1.675720

Link 2: http://m.gulfnews.com/news/uae/court...ubai-1.2123797

For detailed information email us at contact@uaedebtsolutions.com
That is a breeze what took them so long cheque bounce was never a criminal offense its a welcoming change tho. thanks for sharing.
zoheb679 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2018, 02:20 AM   #279
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb679 View Post
Guys I am very much relaxed been struggling hard due to this ****ty debt i had took with ENBD of around 30000AED as of yet in June it was 16000AED I had been paying even with extra penalty because I had to use intl bank account and in pakistan you cannot send via IBAN without some legal paper work altho I managed but sooner or.later a time came I couldn't pay back the system in UAE just is disturbing my employer didn't pay my remaining salary etc and then this stupid debt i had taken this thing has killed.me.literally I had been paying the EMI's with my arm and leg but these morons kept threatening me I am not sure at all whether I am banned or not or a law suit is there but all i know I am not a fraud nor a criminal I am willing to pay but i need timeI have a serious query to make that is will this DEBT affect our travel to other nations like I have chance for US immigration so will this ****ty business get in my way altho I will tell them I owe some money in xyz I will pay let me know if it will or will not affect I need serious advices.

PS:I have read most every thread and felt very happy that none of us has or had bad intention its just the f ed up system of UAE which landed most of us in some chaos.
Cheers to everyone x
Have replied to the email sent by you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #280
Jinx_0409
Jinx_0409's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Sorry for what you are facing now. Let inform you that no auch activity from the bank or from any collection agencies should be entertained, not everyone are willfull defaulters and even if such is the case still you are not liable legally to any of the collection agencies. Be bold and face them and you will find them running back.
Need any detailed assistance then register in this forum and will send you a Private Message to give you the assistance.
I am experiencing the same, can you pls send me also a provate msg. Badly need an advice and assistance. Thank you!
Jinx_0409 is offline   Reply With Quote