•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ED433
    • Jan 2017
    • India

Loan agrement exists but borrower not paying

I lend 2 lack rupees (200,000) rupees (approx. 2800 USD) to a friend through net banking whom I met 3 months before and issued loan agreement notarised from a lawyer. He promised me to give 275000 after 2 months as mentioned in the agreement. But it had been more than 2 months 10 days. He didn't return a single penny. He lives near my place at his own property. I didn't know he also took money from other people. And because of not returning the money back, one person filed a case against him. He also went to the jail. Case is resolved now.
    But I became his another victim. I am still waiting for my money back as he says would be coming in my account. I don't trust him now and want to act on it. I don't know what to do.
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Loan agrement exists but borrower not paying

I'm sure that the concept of lawsuit exists in India.

Sue him.

Comment

• olive
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Mar 2008

Sue in the village court or similar small claims type court. The amount you're seeking is normally within the jurisdiction of the smallest courts. So you can file without a lawyer and procedures are fairly easy.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

As your friend is out of repayment period you are required to send a registered notice demanding repayment of the debt. If possible send it as a lawyer notice. If your friend neglects it and continues the default, you can approach the law enforcement to get back your money. Since the debt is backed by a valid loan agreement you will get the result soon.

Comment

• Unregistered

That a pretty amount to pay back for some people.
          Does he have the 200,000 plus the 75,000

Comment

• Unregistered

Don't lend money to friends!

It never works.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...