•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truy222
    • Jan 2018
    • United States

Mercedes car transmission service problem

I have a 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG had no problems but was due for a transmission service
    I went and paid for a service yesterday and was given a receipt and went on my way the car was driving very stangley but I thought maybe you had to drive for a little bit after a service so I went home and today on my way to work it was getting worse it went to shift and through me forward when I got off work I was showing my mechanic at work the problem he asked me to start it and it sounded horrible
    I look back and white smoke is pouring out I immediately kill it and check the oil which is over flowing with transmission fluid I call the shop and ask where they put the transmission fluid in at he asked the mechanic who serviced my car and he told him the red transmission dipstick in the back my car does not have a transmission dip stick so my car has been running with no transmission fluid and my motor is overflowing with transmission fluid I looked up some of the symptoms and my transmission will have to be rebuilt and my motor could be severely damaged as well

He then told me that he will have it towed to look at it and I want my car to be to be inspected by the dealer to see what all damages have been done and my question is if he refuses do I still have it taken to the dealer and explain to them the situation and get a lawyer and sue for the cost of repairs?
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: Mercedes car transmission service problem

Did you check with the repair shop regarding the repair warranty?. If it is provided they will reimburse the repair cost together with other expenses incurred for the present repair. If there was no repair warranty you can file a complaint with the dealer or can take the issue to the court.

Comment

• Disagreeable
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Oct 2012
      • United States

Re: Mercedes car transmission service problem

Your biggest problem appears to be you will not be able to prove satisfactorily any damage to the engine. The shop will likely offer only an oil change and fixing the transmission.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...