Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Consumer Bankruptcy

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Re: wife's bankruptcy and my credit score

I don't know why but my credit score dropped 70 points when my wife declared bankruptcy??? It seems like I am being punished for her separate finances.

Ted

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-05-2018, 04:26 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may seek your credit report. In this regard you may dispute credit record where an entry has been made which is not related to you. Bankruptcy may appear on your credit report only if there is a join debt by you and your spouse. In absence of joint debt you may contest any fall in your credit score.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

If you are a co-signer with your wife for any debt your credit score will be affected adversely if she files for bankruptcy.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote