Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Other Real Estate Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
ZZN3
ZZN3's Flag is: Wales

Default Do I have any redress against a property seller?

Do I have any redress against a property seller who sold me my bungalow last year without declaring that there had been a previous problem with a leaking water pipe under the drive? The water board have repaired it twice over the last year without charge because I had a water meter installed but it is leaking again and the WB say I will have to pay for future repair. I'm a 70 yr old female living alone in Abergele North Wales Uk.
ZZN3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-30-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Do I have any redress against a property seller?

I wish to inform you that you may take action against seller if you had asked seller and he has made a false statement or if seller had himself incorrectly represented that there was no water issues. In order to make seller liable you may be required to show that seller had falsely represented to you or had hidden information from you where he was under a duty to inform.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2017, 04:24 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

If the water board noticed that it was previously repaired by the seller and the issue was not declared to you by the seller, you have a cause of action against the seller to make good the loss occurred by the non-disclosure of a major issue with the property.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Not necessarily, unless local law requires disclosure of a repair or issue of that type within a certain period. The seller may have believed the issue was corrected. Once you endeavored to have repairs made, it should have been fixed correctly. The fact that it was not indicates a more pressing issue, such as the depth of the pipe being below frost level.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote