Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #1
Tanner3
Tanner3's Flag is: United States

Default medical malpractice initial interview be done over the phone

Virginia

Can a medical malpractice initial interview be done over the phone or is it required to go into the lawyers's office.
I can't take all that time - and certainly not with three or four different lawyers - but the first office we talked to said it is required that i go into the office and meet with them. Is that right?
Tanner3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: medical malpractice initial interview be done over the phone

It is not mandatory to go to lawyers office for the interview, but if you are personally present they easily handle the interview than through a phone.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner3 View Post
Virginia

Can a medical malpractice initial interview be done over the phone or is it required to go into the lawyers's office.
I can't take all that time - and certainly not with three or four different lawyers - but the first office we talked to said it is required that i go into the office and meet with them. Is that right?
Entirely up to the lawyer.

If he/she wants you to come in, you go in, or you move on to the next lawyer on the list until you find one who is willing to talk to you on the phone.

Even if you can accomplish that, you'll probably get about 5 minutes where you provide the basics and then you'll still have to go in for an in depth interview and to sign your contingency agreement if you decide to hire the attorney.

Frankly, if you are not willing to put in the time for your claim, then I suggest you forget about it because pursuing it is going to take A LOT OF YOUR TIME for perhaps a few years.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Virginia

The lawyers can do it however they want, and some even use Skype now to hold such meetings.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
olive
Top Level Member

Quote:
Virginia

Filing a medical malpractice case is going to take a great deal of your time as well, if you can't accept that fact it's probably not worth spending time talking to the lawyers weather by Skype or in person.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
It is not mandatory to go to lawyers office for the interview...
It certainly IS if the attorney requires it.

Sometimes I think you're AFFA in disguise.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote