Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 02:08 AM   #1
adas2
adas2's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

Good day.
I been looking for someone who can give information regarding child support. I have an illegitimate recognized child who is in custody of her mother. the child is 4 years old now. we have an agreement about child support, and im giving the child 2000pesos per month but the mother of the child want more. I am employed in the PNP. I am now married and with 1 yr. old child.
I refuse of giving additional money to the mother since i doubt if the money is really spent for the child. The mother of the child has cases of shop lifting.
Can i just give the items he needs rather than money? since now the mother is tapping to my employer for the support., can my employer automatically deduct from my salary for the support?
i am just waiting for the child turn 7 so have the chance to have the child under my custody.
adas2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

I wish to inform you that you may have to contribute to child support if mother is having child custody. Amount of child support depends upon various factors including income of parents and expenses of child. You may seek child custody if you do not intend to give child support amount. Court considers best interest of child while determining child support and child custody matters.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No