Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #1
Emmat 23
Emmat 23's Flag is: United States

Default Father intoxicated at child visitation time

AZ

When my ex showed up to take the kids, I could clearly smell alcohol on his breath.

He seemed slightly intoxicated as well.

I denied visitation and now he says he is going to court to have me held in contempt.

Was I legally correct to withhold visitation?

BTW he has one DUI from 8 years ago as well.
Emmat 23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-05-2018, 05:06 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Father intoxicated at child visitation time

I wish to inform you that you may have the burden to show that father was intoxicated and was not in a state to take care of children. As you have alleged that father was intoxicated thus burden may be upon you to prove this fact. You may present evidence of any person who was witness when father came to take children for visitation. If court has ordered child visitation then it may be modified through court only.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2018, 01:01 AM   #3
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Did you call the police? Or was it only your children you were concerned for? They would’ve done a test and you’d have proof he was legally intoxicated instead of now he said she said.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

In such situations if you are clear that the spouse is intoxicated you should call the law enforcement and should deny visitation. The purpose is to authenticate the denial if the spouse goes for a contempt case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote