Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
12DD
12DD's Flag is: United States

Default Targeted at work because of my refusal to approve bids

I believe that I was targeted because of my refusal to approve bids for goverment jobs that required ARRA and FAR "american made content". I was in fact even told by one Sr VP to look the other way and find ways around the law. Over the last 6 years there have been conforntations because I questioned the companys ability to comply. One internal attorney I worked with even left the company because she said the company was not being diligent and was at risk.

This year, due to kidney failure I had to go on disability. While I was still covered under FMLA I was told my position was eliminated, they replaced me but gave the job title a different name. They tell me when my long term disability kicks in that I will be terminated from the company. However, they say I can return whenever I am better and there is some kind of job for me...no offer in writing however. I have saved much correspondence over the years and do honestly feel that as soon a there was a chance they targeted me becuase I challenged the lawfulness of the business practices. Is there anything I can do?
12DD is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Targeted at work because of my refusal to approve bids

Quote:
Is there anything I can do?
Yes, find another job and don't go back there.

Once you have another job and have an income then you can think about consulting an attorney.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may contact the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and seek guidance. You may contact them by phone or by email. Alternatively, you may contact the nearest office of the Department of Labor (DoL). Otherwise, you may contact an attorney in the matter. You may contact the Lawyer Referral Department of the local bar association and they may arrange a low cost or free first meeting with the attorney to discuss your case.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
Audi2
Audi2's Flag is: UK

You can also become a whistleblower for the US government and there is good money to be made doing that!!
For better or for worse.
Audi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

You can legally defend the discrimination at work place, it is good to consult a lawyer in this matter to handle the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
Wenton2
Top Level Member
Wenton2's Flag is: United States

If there was an actual violation of federal law then I agree with the poster above that a whistle blower filing could be beneficial.
But it is not really clear to me from your question if there were violations or just refusals to work on projects were the American made content quotas were too high. The details of all that would be key.
Wenton2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DD View Post
I believe that I was targeted because of my refusal to approve bids for goverment jobs that required ARRA and FAR "american made content". I was in fact even told by one Sr VP to look the other way and find ways around the law. Over the last 6 years there have been conforntations because I questioned the companys ability to comply. One internal attorney I worked with even left the company because she said the company was not being diligent and was at risk.

This year, due to kidney failure I had to go on disability. While I was still covered under FMLA I was told my position was eliminated, they replaced me but gave the job title a different name. They tell me when my long term disability kicks in that I will be terminated from the company. However, they say I can return whenever I am better and there is some kind of job for me...no offer in writing however. I have saved much correspondence over the years and do honestly feel that as soon a there was a chance they targeted me becuase I challenged the lawfulness of the business practices. Is there anything I can do?

Seems to me you DO have a prime whistle-blower lawsuit. Basically the management is defrauding the US government. There's no other way to look at it.