Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
Helpindubai
Helpindubai's Flag is: United States

Default Police for CC late payment

I lost my job in November was late by 400aed on my CC with ENBD but made agreement to pay by Dec 4th. Payment was made and I explained to them I was hoping to start new job but my minimum payment would be late in Dec i have made many agreements with phone representatives to pay the amount of 4100 before 28th DEC 2017 and was told not to worry as long as was paid before that date.
Today i received a text saying if it was not paid today that a police file woudl eb started. I called the number provided and was told that the managers supervisers and representatives i spoke with via phone were npt authorized to make that agreement anf because it is end of year reports i amy face legal action even though I am nor even 30 days overdue and have made agreements to pay.
What options do I have?
Helpindubai is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Police for CC late payment

I wish to inform you that if you had made agreement with bank regarding late payment then you may be required to show evidence of such agreement. You may argue in case of police complaint that you are making payment in compliance of your agreement with bank and it may not change terms of payment without your consent. Hence you may argue that you are not in default. Further you may pay debt or amount due at the earliest so that no action for overdue amount may be taken. In this banks generally have security check which they apply in case of default and take action for dishonor of check. You may thus avoid police action if there is no check default. Lastly under Article 401 of the UAE Federal Penal Code allows law enforcement agencies to avoid criminal action where amount due is being paid.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 AM   #3
Helpindubai
Helpindubai's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Police for CC late payment

@AFF there is no check or security check. So can I still be blacklisted or prevented from getting a new visa for work. Without a security check what exactly is the policr file for?
When I spoke with thr bank manager shr said taht beacuse I am an expat the courts and police will not care that i lost my job and have agreed to make payment late. Sje said if I was local they would help more lr at least listen to why I am late.
I was under the impression that for a CC without a cheque their is no threat of prison. So is the bank just trying to scare me? Or sonce I have already made agreement to pay and have email to bank verifying that plus the recorded calls from bank up on request I should be okay.
Also as i just started a new job if for aoem reason i can only make a partial payment is prison and blacklist a risk with no cheque?

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you
Helpindubai is offline   Reply With Quote