Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #201
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. I have also same scenario with my credit card in the philippines, I have an unpaid credit card amounting to 140k as of this month. Just few days ago I received a final demand letter from Metrobank to settle my debt, and the went to our house saying that this have been reported to our barangay already. I am currently working now in UAE, and my sister who is the Philippines is afraid that they might take her things such as appliances if i will not settle my debt, and that also this debt may be the reason for me to be sent back to Philippines? Is it really possible?

Hoping for you help. Thank you and Godbless
The collection people or any legal firm cannot take any of yours or your sisters appliance for a default of an unsecured lending which is the credit card in your case. Also your barangay captain has no rights to involve in your personal debt issue and your sister should should not be disturbed as well because of your debt. A case can be filed against the recovery agency who is trying to overcome any of which is mentioned above. Relax and focus on your work in the UAE.
email us for more detaled information: contact@uaedebtsolutions.com

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #202
Unregistered

Hi, I received an email today saying ---> In as much as we would want to help you, we also have our duty and obligation to our client, which is to pursue the judicial collection of your unpaid credit card obligation to Metrobank Card Corporation (A Finance Company) [MCC]. For your guidance, we attach herewith our letter to our client, recommending for their immediate filing, before the proper Trial Court of Makati City, of the appropriate civil complaint against you and your spouse, if any. If your case falls under the Rule on “Small Claims Cases”, it would be expeditious since the Rule requires only one (1) hearing and any court’s decision rendered is immediately final and non-appealable. Nevertheless, we are still giving you a non-extendible period of five (5) days from receipt hereof, to settle your said account.

What will happen to me if i don't pay my debt for now since i'm here in abroad still working. Please give me advice. Thank you

Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #203
deldes29
deldes29's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama View Post
hi, i need an help/advice.
i currently have a debt of amounting to almost 600k with my BPI credit card. i was actually paying the minimum until one day, narealize ko na lalo lang lumalaki yung utang ko, until hindi na ako nakabayad ng tuluyan. naforward na sa collection agency account ko. and yesterday, i got a text message about "Notice of Execution" by an attorney. wala po akong balak takbuhan ang utang ko, i am willing to pay monthly hangang sa ma-fully paid ko ang account ko. will they come to my house and get my personal belongings? i am currently renting na c fully furnished na bahay. so all the appliances are not mine. also, nag wowork ako sa call center ngauon, will my work be affected as well? what can i do about my scenario?
Hi,

I also have credit card with BPI for almost 400k. what happened to your case?
deldes29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #204
Insomniac17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldes29 View Post
Hi,

I also have credit card with BPI for almost 400k. what happened to your case?
Hi. I also have a debt to BPI. 6 digits. Na endorse na yung account ko sa third party collector. Ayaw na ako kausapin ng bangko. So ang ginawa ko is nakipagnegotiate ako sa knila. Binigyan ako ng terms na payable yung kalahati ng utang for 24 months and yung lumpsum sa 2020. In that way makakapag buy ako ng time pagipunan yung lumpsum.

Determined naman ako na bayaran sya. Kaso wala ako nakukuhang sagot sa kahit na anong thread na after mo ma clear yung utang mo ay malinis na ung name mo. Sana naman hndi. Sa US daw kase pwde ma expunge ung bad records so you can start all over again. Nag email pa nga ako sa BSP regarding debt restructing which by the way subject for approval pa yung program. Parang walang choice ang mga pinot once nasira na sa ganito. Ang hirap tuloy makalipat ng work. Nasisilip kase yung mga ganitong records eh

Old 02-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #205
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac17 View Post
Hi. I also have a debt to BPI. 6 digits. Na endorse na yung account ko sa third party collector. Ayaw na ako kausapin ng bangko. So ang ginawa ko is nakipagnegotiate ako sa knila. Binigyan ako ng terms na payable yung kalahati ng utang for 24 months and yung lumpsum sa 2020. In that way makakapag buy ako ng time pagipunan yung lumpsum.

Determined naman ako na bayaran sya. Kaso wala ako nakukuhang sagot sa kahit na anong thread na after mo ma clear yung utang mo ay malinis na ung name mo. Sana naman hndi. Sa US daw kase pwde ma expunge ung bad records so you can start all over again. Nag email pa nga ako sa BSP regarding debt restructing which by the way subject for approval pa yung program. Parang walang choice ang mga pinot once nasira na sa ganito. Ang hirap tuloy makalipat ng work. Nasisilip kase yung mga ganitong records eh
I would like to say that there are possibly not many legal consultants or lawyers in this forums who are from the Philippines or who could understand tagalog and answer all the kabayan queries appropriately. If posted in native language, only fellow forum visitors who are here to find answers would just answer the queries with guesses. Please post in a common language everyone could understand and that might benefit everyone out here.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #206
Unregistered

I was a victim of email phisphing the swiped amount was almost 40 thousand. However sad to say the bank let me pay the said amount because the transaction was valid according to them. they know that my account was compromised yet they like me to pay the said amount. What if i will not pay? they offer me an installment basis payment yet I felt so unfair if i will pay for it. Please enlighten me. Will I accept the installment term or what will I do?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #207
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was a victim of email phisphing the swiped amount was almost 40 thousand. However sad to say the bank let me pay the said amount because the transaction was valid according to them. they know that my account was compromised yet they like me to pay the said amount. What if i will not pay? they offer me an installment basis payment yet I felt so unfair if i will pay for it. Please enlighten me. Will I accept the installment term or what will I do?
Which country is the card from and which bank?
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #208
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Which country is the card from and which bank?
Bank of the Philippines Islands from Philippines

Old 02-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #209
Aiyah
Aiyah's Flag is: Philippines

Magandang gabi sa lahat magtanong po sana ko may credit card po ako 2yrs ago na hindi ko nabayaran dahil wala na kong trabaho.. Tumawag sila sa dating company ko at sinabing mag publish cla ng notice to public..

Willing naman ako magbayad di pa nga lang ngayon dahil inaayos ko pa finances ko..

Dapat ba nila isama yung old company ko sa publish na yun?

Tama rin po ba naipublish nila ko sa newspaper para sa unpaid bills ko?

Salamat God bless
Aiyah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #210
Unregistered

Smile Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

Good morning to all..

The Honorable Supreme Court already made several rulings on credit cards and loans. You can check the following jurisprudences to know which one is applicable to your situation to avail the benefits:

* If you applied to get a credit card - GR 175490 (Macalinao vs BPI)
* If you are a pre-screened client meaning the cc was just delivered to you without applying for it - GR 200868 (Ledda vs BPI) and GR 152202 (Alcaraz vs Court of Appeals)

Hope it helps. God bless us all.