Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #21
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Unpaid bank loan in Hong Kong

Hi., Just want to ask some advice," I worked at Hong Kong Last year but I dont finished my contract and need to go back here in the Philippines because of Family matters, and need to leave HK not finished paying my loan into a particular Lending Company "Prime" and then after 3months staying here someone called me and I receive demand Letter about unpaid debt., and told me that need to settle my account, Ive tried to settle it but not just like when I was in HK I was able to pay my monthly to them, I've tried to talked to them to freeze the interest because Im not able to pay it., but then whwn I talked to the collector they told me that the Prime dont like to freeze the interest and I need to pay the original monthly as when I was in HK, And now, Dont have the capacity to pay for it because dont have any job to have my own income, could it be possible that the Bank or the collector will file a case against me, for not paying my debt? Im so worried and stress and always I cant sleep because Im too bothered about this. Please help me, give some advise it helps me a lot. Thank You"

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Unpaid bank loan in Hong Kong

Hi., Just want to ask some advice,
I worked at Hong Kong Last year but I dont finished my contract and need to go back here in the Philippines because of Family matters, and need to leave HK not finished paying my loan into a particular Lending Company "Prime" and then after 3months staying here someone called me and I receive demand Letter about unpaid debt., and told me that need to settle my account, Ive tried to settle it but not just like when I was in HK I was able to pay my monthly to them, I've tried to talked to them to freeze the interest because Im not able to pay it., but then when I talked to the collector they told me that the Prime dont like to freeze the interest and I need to pay the original monthly as when I was in HK, And now, Dont have the capability to pay for it, because dont have any job to have my own income, could it be possible that the Bank or the collector will file a case against me, for not paying my debt? Im so worried and stress and always I cant sleep because Im too bothered about this. Please help me, give some advise it helps me a lot. Thank You

Old 03-18-2015, 04:12 AM   #23
Unregistered

Dear Nice1
I've used to work in Dubai but got terminated 3yrs ago. I had a bank load and because of my unemployment couldn't be able to pay. I'm 3yrs back in my country which is worlds away from the gscc and still get harrased by the collection agent telling me they are just waiting for a judge order to forward the case to interpol and I will be deported from my country back to dubai and face goal. Now being banned from immigration is something but INTERPOL?????? Please may I have more information

Old 03-20-2015, 02:30 AM   #24
Unregistered

Default Debt in UAE...Cases ban and Interpol!!

Interpol has much important things to do than chasing you for default credit. Yes it can happen if you owe some big amount (more than 100000 Aed) to some person and you have given him a cheque. If that cheque is presented and then he files a criminal case against you, he can approach Interpol for tracking you and bringing you back to the original jurisdiction of the Cheque (UAE). One of my friends just had this experience now and is undergoing trail in Dubai Court. But again he can get bail from the court with somebodys passport as guarantee to the court and maybe he will get a fine of upto 5K or few months jail which will depend on how good his lawer is..
If you are outside the country and you have a case in UAE and need to go back, then first thing you hve to do is find a good legal agency who can help you out with this. They can find from the police which police station you have the case, how many cases are there and who has filed the case and for what amount and reason. The lawer or his office can get you out of this. They deal with 100's of cases every month of similar nature. Once you know how many cases you have and fow what amount you can prepare yourself. Lawers charge 10% of the cheque amount.. so if your liability is 250000 in cheques then they will want 25000dhs as their fee. This is how it works: You will enter Dubai and will be stopped at the immigration saying you have a case. Then you will be taken to the respective police station where your lawer also will be present. (make sure you have a person with 10 or 15K + salary to bail you out there if you are on entry residence visa or visit)..The police will give you bail and you come out in an hour from the police station..If you are one employment entry visa process it urgently within 10 days and once your visa is stamped in passport you can go back to the police station and keep your passport as guarantee and take your friends passport, so he is free. Then in 2-3weeks time your case will be in court and there you and your lawer will be present. If your lawer is "good " enough and influential you will get a fine of upto 5K in the court and your case is closed.. and your get your passport back. or if you are getting jail term of 3-4 months then again you can keep the passport as bail there itself and go for appeal. The appellate court will give you fine and you are free. So the moeny you have to manage will be 10% of Lawyers fee and the fine amount. If the cases are in Sharjah then you can get bail directly from the court that your lawer can do even without you being present (need to have a good influential lawyer for that) and before you enter UAE itself you can clear the case... I am not an agent or from a law firm but a person who has undergone all these.. As for as the debt collectors are concerned they will harass you with whatever possible words or scenarios, but nothing they will do..they are good in harassment thats it..

Old 03-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #25
Argus

Default Re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Dear Nice1
I'm under the Alias name Argus. Thank you again for the information..
Argus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #26
Unregistered

One of my friends just had this experience now and is undergoing trail in Dubai Court. But again he can get bail from the court with somebodys passport as guarantee to the court and maybe he will get a fine of upto 5K or few months jail which will depend on how good his lawer is..
If you are outside the country and you have a case in UAE and need to go back, then first thing you hve to do is find a good legal agency who can help you out with this. They can find from the police which police station you have the case, how many cases are there and who has filed the case and for what amount and reason. The lawer or his office can get you out of this. They deal with 100's of cases every month of similar nature. Once you know how many cases you have and fow what amount you can prepare yourself. Lawers charge 10% of the cheque amount.. so if your liability is 250000 in cheques then they will want 25000dhs as their fee. This is how it works: You will enter Dubai and will be stopped at the immigration saying you have a case. Then you will be taken to the respective police station where your lawer also will be present. (make sure you have a person with 10 or 15K + salary to bail you out there if you are on entry residence visa or visit)..The police will give you bail and you come out in an hour from the police station..If you are one employment entry visa process it urgently within 10 days and once your visa is stamped in passport you can go back to the police station and keep your passport as guarantee and take your friends passport, so he is free. Then in 2-3weeks time your case will be in court and there you and your lawer will be present. If your lawer is "good " enough and influential you will get a fine of upto 5K in the court and your case is closed.. and your get your passport back. or if you are getting jail term of 3-4 months then again you can keep the passport as bail there itself and go for appeal. The appellate court will give you fine and you are free. So the moeny you have to manage will be 10% of Lawyers fee and the fine amount. If the cases are in Sharjah then you can get bail directly from the court that your lawer can do even without you being present (need to have a good influential lawyer for that) and before you enter UAE itself you can clear the case... I am not an agent or from a law firm but a person who has undergone all these.. As for as the debt collectors are concerned they will harass you with whatever possible words or scenarios, but nothing they will do..they are good in harassment thats it..[/QUOTE]

Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #27
Unregistered

Hey, screw those people and banks. I left 3 years ago with around with multiple accounts. I did contact the bank via email and tell them where the cars were parked. They Emirates look at us ******s as greedy money grubbing people. The contractors, especially Brits, are lazy and love to suck money with minimal work. I found as their boss, making them actually do their job was not a popular decision. We had a couple start harassing us so we left. That place is not where you want to be screwed around with. I felt unsafe, got my family and had all my **** packed and was gone in 3 days. If you are in Dubai, have an exit strategy in case of emergency. They know where I am located in my country... I get emails from collection agencies about every 3 - 4 months. IThese emails are from Indians or Pakistanis that write in broken English. They keep threatening a travel ban but, those idiots don't realize that we are gone and never going back. The bottom line is this... If you left the UAE with debt or not being cleared to exit from your country, you are best to stay the **** away. For the life of me, I can't see why people want to go back. They can't come grab you and extradite you back to UAE. They can't hurt your credit in another country. They can't send Interpol or the boogieman after you. So, if you escaped, relax and have a cold beer. If you are still in the country and have your passport, leave now if things are not safe or comfortable. If you are considering going over to work, think twice about taking your family. Rent a car on long term, get a small apartment and bankroll as much cash as you can. But, for god sake, have an exit plan. I'm going to write a book about my experience in a year or two. /r Successful Absconder!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #28
Unregistered

I have a credit card loan n 2 banks that i wasnt able to pay bec my salary is always delayed and i was under a financial crisis. I want to have a vacation to my country but im afraid that they will hold me at the airport and put me into jail. I want to settle this loan but my salary is not enough even for the payment of the interest. Imagine how can i support myself here in dubai and my family if they automatically all my salary? Could i ask for an agreement to the terms that i can pay them and have something left for me and my family in my salary?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #29
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesa View Post
Hi, I registered here because I am being bothered and stressed on what to do. I am a Filipino, I work in Abu Dhabi, UAE for 3years. I had a salary loan from DIB and a credit card from NBAd which i wasn't able to finish paying as I went back home to Philippines last year (January). It's been a year and 2 months now that I didn't pay any amount. Now, I am thinking to go bck to UAE. My question is, Can I still go back to UAE? or will they arrest me upon arrival in the airport? or am I banned already? Can they also chase me here in the Phils? like can they hold me in the immigration(here in the Phils) if I'll go out of the country? Because since I came home, I didnt try to go out of the country yet.

Now, I am thinking of talking to the bank, and ask them If I can go back there, and if ill be employed again (in UAE) , i will continue to pay my loan and card. will this idea be okay?Please advice me. Thank you so much

Dear,

Don't harass yourself. Its so simple and easy to pay back. The people who are sharing their ideas are either didn't face such situation or don't want to understand. Simply change your job and move to another GCC Country with no fear. But always make your intentions to pay the bank's money back once you will be stable in any country. Here I will provide you some tips,

Don't cancel your visa, simply take the vacations and go back to your home country or fly only UAE or OMAN. Because there's no immigration ties with Saudi Arabia. Then contact your banks and negotiate with them. They might be reducing the principal amount even up to 30 to 40 and 50%. Don't scare with collection agencies, if they are calling you or trying to contact you, attend their calls and explain your situation.

I had have loans and credit cards of around AED 3,4500 and I escaped from UEA without visa cancellation. Couple of years later, I contact the banks personally and negotiate with them, when my job gone fully stable, I took some loan from KSA and paid in UAE through one of my relative and took full clearance. Now there's no case filed against me and can fly freely whenever I would like.

Regards,

Old 04-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #30
Unregistered

I had a similar situation were I have to leave Dubai due a family emergency. I had to be back up in Europe by a very good lawyer that manages financial issues in the ME. The result is that the crime of bouncing cheques in Dubai or any GCC country is punishable by jail. The prosecutor incharge can report to Interpol for arrest, this is not a joke. They will normally pass it as embezzlement or breach of trust. You can be arrested, of course banks will try to negotiate and get the money first. They will report to Interpol via the state of UAE Police only if you don't answer to them or put yourself in a position of absolutely no cooperation. In cases , people think that because their names are not on the interpol website they are fine...this is not true... normally most cases of Interpol red notices are not published on the web, only a few cases are approved to be displayed.

Banks are more open than before to negotiate, depending on the case where some people get sick and need to escape from the UAE as they can't pay their debts or just because they lost their jobs...speak to the bank and remain in contact with them. It worked for me and after a year of negotiations we finally reached an agreement and the case was lifted from the Police.

People saying that you can seat pretty with a beer only because you departed from the UAE is just as thinking you live on another planet... this is not the case and for debts over 50,000AED the banks will track the debt abroad.

Regards