Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
lcummings
lcummings's Flag is: United States

Post How age discrimination attorney fights your case?

What I have experienced in my workplace, over the years, is the fact that companies often practice restructuring, outsourcing, and off-shore moves. In all the cases, the older employees seem to be the first to go. This is because younger employees are cheaper for companies.

An older employee who has worked hard for a company gets a bigger salary. But in the same salary, a company management thinks of hiring two young workers to do the same amount of work in less salary. Moreover, young workers don’t put as much into employer matching for insurance coverage and retirement funds.

Well, I am not saying this is a good practice. But it is how things work in the corporate world. What do you think? please comment below.
lcummings is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default TROLL AND SPAM ALERT

Check posting history before you get involved in any discussion with this attorney.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: How age discrimination attorney fights your case?

Wow, there's actually a moderator here since my reply was deleted! All the BS posts here remain but mine gets deleted. Unreal.

The OP DID ask for people to comment. My comment was that he should stop posting his spammy nonsense.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

In the two plus years that I've been here I think I have only seen evidence of a moderator once in all that time.

Let's see.

Mr Cummings. Stop posting your spammy nonsense.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #5
Lester M
Lester M's Flag is: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcummings View Post
What I have experienced in my workplace, over the years, is the fact that companies often practice restructuring, outsourcing, and off-shore moves. In all the cases, the older employees seem to be the first to go. This is because younger employees are cheaper for companies.

An older employee who has worked hard for a company gets a bigger salary. But in the same salary, a company management thinks of hiring two young workers to do the same amount of work in less salary. Moreover, young workers don’t put as much into employer matching for insurance coverage and retirement funds.

Well, I am not saying this is a good practice. But it is how things work in the corporate world. What do you think? please comment below.
If you can prove they did that, they can be sued, or fined by the government.

But let's face it, you have to pick up skills to stay employed.
There is always a new employee looking for a job.
Lester M is offline   Reply With Quote