Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Trials and Sentencing

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
MPW
MPW's Flag is: Denmark

Default straffelovens § 276 - Denmark

Denmark

Section 276 of the Penal Code

Hello,
after 7 months since the shoplifting and even though I paid for the stolen items, I received Brev fra politiet Sigtetbrev. (notification letter from the police)

It says:

De sigtes i den anledning for overtrædelse af straffelovens § 276 ved at have begået butikstyveri.Som sigtet har De ikke pligt til at udtale Dem til politiet.Er De enig i sigtelsen, skal De ikkeforetage Dem yderligere.Er De uenigi sigtelsen og ønsker De at afgive forklaring til sagen, skal jeg anmode Dem om at rette hen-vendelse til Københavns Politi, Afdeling for sagsbehandling inden 14 dage fra dags dato.

It basically says that if I agree I should not do anything and if disagree I have 14 days time to contact police.

Does it mean I will just be fined and will I have it on my public criminal record or just private police one?
MPW is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: straffelovens § 276 - Denmark

I wish to inform you that letter show that police may be having a complaint against you. However at present there may not be any court order as communication is from police and not court. You may be on criminal record if court held you guilty.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: straffelovens § 276 - Denmark

In this case you should contact a lawyer to inquire if there is any benefit in contesting the case. After scrutinizing the case the lawyer can advise whether to admit to contest the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote