Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Consumer Bankruptcy

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 03:40 AM   #1
carriedout
carriedout's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default after police case and travel banned cleared..

Please help... i have fgb credit card debt total amount including interest is 78k dirhams. FGB filed bounce cheque amount of 50k dirhams... police case is done and travel ban is cleared. but the bank collectors keeps on calling me again and harassing me to pay... and receiving this kind of msg from them “ We are from Trust Lawyers, regarding FGB issue, do you want FGB issue or not, Civil case under process, if you not respond then bank will contact your Work place management immediately “ please advice what to do and how is the process of civil case ?
carriedout is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
GBTUSA
GBTUSA's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriedout View Post
Please help... i have fgb credit card debt total amount including interest is 78k dirhams. FGB filed bounce cheque amount of 50k dirhams... police case is done and travel ban is cleared. but the bank collectors keeps on calling me again and harassing me to pay... and receiving this kind of msg from them “ We are from Trust Lawyers, regarding FGB issue, do you want FGB issue or not, Civil case under process, if you not respond then bank will contact your Work place management immediately “ please advice what to do and how is the process of civil case ?
I was given the following information regarding the filing of a civil case from a poster here, but, perhaps someone else can also answer your question:
Not even if the cheque is of 200k AED, but that is the least to be considered. There are a lot of complications which banks do not undergo for filing such case and to repeat, this type of case involves a huge fee to be paid to the court for filing one and when bank has already lost the initial lended money, they do not wish to go behind something which will again cost them 30 to 40% of the cheque amount as fee. Instead the banks once get the report of cheque bounce case closure, they claim the outstanding from insurance which is insured on the liability lended to you and in addition they also sell your debt to many collection agencies in the UAE and also in your home countries for a 5 or 10% of your outstanding amount and get benefited from them as well. Hope This Clears!!
GBTUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 AM   #3
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: after police case and travel banned cleared..

Quote:
hello, how long have you defaulted before they file a case? and how much fine did you pay? are you in abu dhabi or dubai?
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 05:53 AM   #4
carriedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdebt View Post
hello, how long have you defaulted before they file a case? and how much fine did you pay? are you in abu dhabi or dubai?
6months and they filed a police case againts me... 2k for 50k security cheque.u

Old 09-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #5
carriedout

Quote:

dubai

Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case you can contact the bank officials to stop the harassing collection calls and to reach a settlement with the bank. Collection agencies are trying to insist you to pay the balance amount and they could not legally file a case against you if you had reached a settlement with the bank.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:

Thanks for the info. How were you able to know they filed a case? Did police call you?
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Refer to what GBTUSA has mentioned. They wont be filing any civil case, just to threaten you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #9
GBTUSA
GBTUSA's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Refer to what GBTUSA has mentioned. They wont be filing any civil case, just to threaten you.
Hi Dontyouworry:
I have told a few people with possible bounced check cases to get in contact with you. I have hired a lawyer, but I believe your services may be more reasonably priced. Do you also work with lawyers?

Last edited by GBTUSA; 09-18-2018 at 08:13 AM.
GBTUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBTUSA View Post
Hi Dontyouworry:
I have told a few people with possible bounced check cases to get in contact with you. I have hired a lawyer, but I believe your services may be more reasonably priced. Do you also work with lawyers?
Definitely we can refer the reasonable ones, only if any user or client is wanting such service which could be done by lawyers. You can visit https://www.uaedebtsolutions.com/ or email us to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com and will help you out with reasonable and possible services.