Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Dannam
Dannam's Flag is: United States

Default Can Walmart ban a shopper because they say the shopper has complained too much?

Can Walmart ban a shopper because they say the shopper has complained about the fresh vegetables too much?

I think that is absurd?
They say they can ban anybody they want.

We only complained with vegetables in hand 4 times in 7 weeks.

They should be happy we identified the issue for them since they didn't do it themselves.
Dannam is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can Walmart ban a shopper because they say the shopper has complained too much?

The store is private property and they can ban anyone they'd like.

There is probably more to this story then you are telling.

If the food is so bad go somewhere else.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can Walmart ban a shopper because they say the shopper has complained too much?

Any business owner may decide who he does or does not do business with so, yes, Walmart may ban a customer just for being what Walmart considers a nuisance. Nothing illegal about as long is it's not illegal discrimination due to race, color, sex, etc.

Why have you complained about vegetables 4 times in 7 weeks?

If you have already been banned, then find another place to shop.

If you have just been warned, then shut up about the vegetables and don't buy them.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Yodel
Yodel's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
The store is private property and they can ban anyone they'd like.

There is probably more to this story then you are telling.

If the food is so bad go somewhere else.

Was just reading this,
I agree, there must be more!
Yodel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I was told to leave a Walmart. A clerk did not want to stop yacking with his 6"6' 300 pound buddy, so I called for a manager. about 5 assistants and one senior mgr along with LP showed up. I explained what happened, then the clerks friend, (this was in a small west TX town where everyone is friend), said if I did not stop my complaint about his friend he was going to kick my @$$. I told him to go for it and make my day, but he better plan on a few years in jail since there were witnesses everywhere. Then the manager told ME to leave. I told him he must be ordering me to leave becasue of all the small town inbreeding, since I was the one threatened.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2016, 12:53 AM   #6
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Well Disagreeable I'm not surprised. My hubby, a very quiet guy, nearly got kicked out for complaining to CS about a return. That's small W. TX for you!
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #7
olive
Top Level Member

As noted above, unfortunately they can ask you to leave, as long as it's not for some protected class reason like race or religion etc.
I am not sure why you would want to give them your money anyway, maybe it's better to spend somewhere else if you don't like the service and quality of the goods.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
Unregistered

Can a store person physically touch you or grab or push you, when they ask you to leave?

Is that legal for them? Or do they just have to ask you, with no physical contact?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #9
Wenton2
Top Level Member
Wenton2's Flag is: United States

They are not really supposed to hit or assault or grab you. It can be illegal actually.
But if you refuse to walk with them or leave, they can use some force if they feel some danger exists or if you might flee arrest or the like.
Wenton2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
sandy427

This morning I was banned from Walmart for pushing somebody.
Is that legal? Can the store act as judge and jury???

I didn't really even push anybody but tripped and fell into somebody basically.
And that was their fault for having such a narrow path for people to enter marked off.