Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
scarychere

Unfair lay off: Terminated because I had complained

where i work i was being picked on and harrased by someone i believe is on drugs. she steals our tips, she stealls food, she lies, she forgets things all the time and blames others for her mistakes constantly. she always has a runny nose and is sometimes very energetic and sometimes can barely talk. i told the boss she was picking on me and i got layed off, the bosses excuse was i have a injured arm. my arm is injured from that same lady over working me even though i told her i was in extreme pain, she paid no attention for over 3 months and only now she says i am layed off for that. not true, it was because i complained. the lady has worked there alot longer than me. when i expressed my concerns about the drug use, i got a roll of the eyes, NOT a she would never do that!! i have only worked there for 5 months and really need every penny, we are now going to starve this month.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Unfair lay off: Terminated because I had complained

I wish to inform you that if you are terminated because you had complained then it may amount to wrongful termination. In this regard you may file a complaint with EEOC. Employer has a right to terminate employment but in case employer terminates in retaliation or because an employee had complained about some wrongful act then termination may amount to wrongful termination. Alternatively, you may issue a written notice to your employer stating all the facts. If the employer does not resolve the matter, you may file a lawsuit. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No