Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Unregistered

I DID NOT have cancer. The second surgery was NOT needed. Do I have a case?

State: New York

In april 2008 I had a biopsy of a lump. I had removed from my breast inside the lump was found DCIS inside two. I then had a lumpectomy and clean margins were found. The doctor made me believe I had reasons for concern being I had melanoma twice and my father died from it. After many appointments with a oncologist and retesting of the slide there was NO cancer found. After informing the surgeon of these findings she had it retested again and NO cancer was found.

I DID NOT have cancer. The second surgery was NOT needed. I was miss diagnosed. Only until I went to many oncologist appointment and had the slide retested did I then know I did not have breast cancer 4 months had passed by the time I new the mistake was made. Do I have a case?

Thank You PMS.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: I DID NOT have cancer. The second surgery was NOT needed. Do I have a case?

It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you should take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to a malpractice attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No