Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
senthil

Default Credit card due: I had ABN Amro credit card (bank Dubai)

This is Senthil from Kuwait , working in xxxxx, I had ABN Amro credit card bank Dubai , my card number xxxxxx, I took credit card lone AED 10000,monthly EMI will be 400 AED and for 24 month in 2007 , I got other job went to other century and every month I was made payment through my friend ,unfortunately my friend also got job from India so I can’t pay my EMI last four month . recently somebody called me and told me that my credit card out sanding amount is more than three time of actual to be paid .

I need to go Dubai, how can I check whether any case are there or not ? I don’t want to have trouble while entering in dubai , please guide me what should I do to visit dubai

senthil
senthil is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default re: Credit card due: I had ABN Amro credit card (bank Dubai)

If your account is seriously delinquent or you cannot work out a payment plan with your creditors, the credit card company or a collection agency may bring a lawsuit against you. If a judgment is brought against you in court, your wages may be garnished or a property lien may be ordered. if debt has gotten out of hand and you cannot make your monthly payments, consider using the services of a reputable credit counselor. Credit counselors will work with creditors to lower payments and help you create a budget. If you are unable to make your credit card payments, contact your creditors and explain the situation. Most lenders are willing to work out a payment plan, if you communicate with them, possibly avoiding late fees and interest hikes.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default re: Credit card due: I had ABN Amro credit card (bank Dubai)

Based on another posters thread regarding credit card debt in Dubai, it is my understanding criminal charges can levied for default. I suggest you explore the potential legal issues that might come up, before you enter the country again.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil View Post
This is Senthil from Kuwait , working in xxxxx, I had ABN Amro credit card bank Dubai , my card number xxxxxx, I took credit card lone AED 10000,monthly EMI will be 400 AED and for 24 month in 2007 , I got other job went to other century and every month I was made payment through my friend ,unfortunately my friend also got job from India so I can’t pay my EMI last four month . recently somebody called me and told me that my credit card out sanding amount is more than three time of actual to be paid .

I need to go Dubai, how can I check whether any case are there or not ? I don’t want to have trouble while entering in dubai , please guide me what should I do to visit dubai

senthil
Dear senthil,
Dont go there yet until you settle your debt. Get clearance from the bank before going to Dubai otherwise they will arrest you if the bank filed a criminal case against you.