Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Rev
Rev's Flag is: India

Default UAE Credit Card; I already switched my job

Hi good evening

I have 5 credit cards I didn't pay around 5 months due to family problems. ADCB bounced my cheque before 4 months but till I didn't get any call from police. Also dubai first bounced my cheque in last month. Please can you advice for me
If police will call me from the landline number or mobile numbers because I didn't answer any call from any number.
I already switch my job now I got offer letter from MOL. Visa approval will be stop or it will be process.

Please give your valuable advice.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Hi good evening

I have 5 credit cards I didn't pay around 5 months due to family problems. ADCB bounced my cheque before 4 months but till I didn't get any call from police. Also dubai first bounced my cheque in last month. Please can you advice for me
If police will call me from the landline number or mobile numbers because I didn't answer any call from any number.
I already switch my job now I got offer letter from MOL. Visa approval will be stop or it will be process.

Police will call you from the Landphone as well as from the Duty Inspector’s Mobile at times. Your visa approval will not happen if you have any case filed against you. Also it is not good to not present yourself to the station and avoid police calls, if the case moves to court and the defendant, that is you, if not present at the hearing then the judge might issue jail sentence as the judgement against you. You can close the case easily by just a fine if you take it on you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi good evening

Sir how did you know that the check has been bounced by the bank? Did you confirm it?

Old 02-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #4
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir how did you know that the check has been bounced by the bank? Did you confirm it?
Yes I got SMS from the bank.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #5
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Police will call you from the Landphone as well as from the Duty Inspector’s Mobile at times. Your visa approval will not happen if you have any case filed against you. Also it is not good to not present yourself to the station and avoid police calls, if the case moves to court and the defendant, that is you, if not present at the hearing then the judge might issue jail sentence as the judgement against you. You can close the case easily by just a fine if you take it on you.
Thank you for your replysir. I didn't answer the calls because Rak Bank and dubai first they are harrasing me. That's why I didn't answer the call now what I have to do. I hope till Labour processnothing will happen. Whenever I'll change status at that time I'll get problem . Am I right sir.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:55 AM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Thank you for your replysir. I didn't answer the calls because Rak Bank and dubai first they are harrasing me. That's why I didn't answer the call now what I have to do. I hope till Labour processnothing will happen. Whenever I'll change status at that time I'll get problem . Am I right sir.
If you have a case yes, till you close the case the problem would not be solved. If you are caught in random check which CID does and found to have a case, you would be arrested.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
kitty12
kitty12's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Hi good evening

Hi, I have the same situation with Dubai First. How many months of unpaid credit card before they bounced your cheque?
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #8
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Hi, I have the same situation with Dubai First. How many months of unpaid credit card before they bounced your cheque?
It depends on the bank, just wait for the police to call you from the Landphone of the police station and then you would know that they have filed a case on you for real. Do not trust what the bank says as they would only say things to threaten you.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #9
kitty12
kitty12's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
It depends on the bank, just wait for the police to call you from the Landphone of the police station and then you would know that they have filed a case on you for real. Do not trust what the bank says as they would only say things to threaten you.
I don't answer their emails and phone calls. They do call the contact person though.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #10
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
I don't answer their emails and phone calls. They do call the contact person though.
If you are not going to know if there is any case filed on you, you are going to miss the hearing and missing the hearing will be jail term than what is usually issued as a court fine. It is not good for you.