Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Neighbor Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #31
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Harassment by neighbor for RV parking

We have covenants on the deeds. No vehicles over a 3/4 ton truck and any trailers must be attached to a vehicle. I live in a nice neighborhood.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #32
Unregistered

Angry Re: Harassment by neighbor for RV parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm never at a loss to be amazed when people think they should "be nice" to people who have already shown rudeness and nerve.

This person you speak of deserves no "niceness". He's been repeatedly rude, reckless and careless. He's been disrespectful and inconsiderate of his neighbors and their property. He's destroying another person's greatest asset and investment; their property.

The time to "niceness" is long gone. Sue him. He's begging for it. There is absolutely no need to return rudeness with niceness. Time to get serious.

Destroying another person's property is more than just rude and wrong. It's illegal.
What a complete scumbag! Sounds like dirt bag RV owner needs a tune-up!!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #33
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

I will be one of the first people to speak out against illegal immigration and the trash that migrates north of the border. That said, I take exception to your referral that the people of Mexico live like rednecks. The Mexican people in general are some of the cleanest, neatest, people you will ever meet. Generally, their children are respectful and polite. Though they may live in excessively cramped quarters, with impoverished lifestyles, it is unfair to characterize the people of a country you obviously have little acquaintance with in that manner. We could diverge to Little Rock, where the poor have housing one step short of a demolition order, with Home Depot blue roofing nailed down and a new fishing boat waiting to be repossessed in the front yard, for comparison.

Quote:
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE RESPECT FOR EACHOTHER AND KEEP THERE FRONT PORTION OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN! IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LIKE A SCUM BUCKET THEN YOU SHOULD DESTROY YOUR OWN BACK YARD WHERE NO ONE CAN SEE IT!!! MOVE YOUR RV TO A STORAGE SITE WHERE IT BELONGS UNLESS YOU HAVE A LEGIT RV PARKING. THIS IS NOT MEXICO.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
Unregistered

Wow is all I have to say on the very sad responses I read. It amazes me how many people believe they actually have any kind of say when it comes to another persons personal property. I am the person who originally posted on this issue back in 2009 and however interesting and disgusting the responses have been to this issue I still stand firm in my beliefs.

I found the article on this matter interesting, ( two of the enclosed responses ), however the key word that needs to be outlined is Home owner association..... for those who purchased a home within this criteria, there is not much you can do to change the rules and regulations for RV parking if you are already locked in within association.

For the homeowners who are not bound by such, what you do with your RV on your property is your business. Fight for your rights, know your city laws and ordinances, attend the monthly city meetings, stand up for what you have and do not allow others to intimidate you.

For the responses on the last page..... all of you grow up. Seriously are you paying your neighbors way? I didn't think so..... but you feel justified to come on a site like this to complain that what... they have more than you do? and the very lame response about not being able to afford a place to park your RV therefore you should not own one, and I quote "RV is the luxury for rich people who have plenty of space in their house ( 10,000 sqft+). Not for middle class people who live in small cookie-cut neighborhoods"...... are you serious? Well obviously yes you are and that is the scary part.......

Well first of all...... I can, as well as I am sure most RV owners can afford to park our RVs where ever we please, according to the law. The fact that I chose to park my RV in my allocated RV spot at my home is no ones business. I find it comical that anyone believes they have a say or an opinion. In reality, you don't.

Furthermore, for the RV is a luxury for the rich response, well if this is the mind set of the collective middle class as stated in the response.... no wonder there is no longer a middle class in America today. The fact that you would even publically type something so lame as that just proves that you would be one of those people who would buy in a small cookie cutter neighborhood knowing upfront that it is a small cookie cutter neighborhood and then spend the next thirty years complaining that your in a small cookie cutter neighborhood..... yes that takes brains......

My point however crude is simple..... if you are not smart enough to realize that you purchased a home in a neighborhood that is too over crowded for your taste, then you should have not purchased your home there. What anyone else does with there property is honestly none of your business.

I fought and would do it over again to maintain my possessions on my property and the law agreed with me regardless of any of my lazy, under achiever, jealous, pathetic, nosey, whiney, cry baby, tantrum spatting, gossiping neighbors had or has to say about this matter..... furthermore, I was able through documentation, police reports and any other means I deemed necessary able to not only get a restraining order but I took it further and sued in civil court and won against those neighbors who thought they could dictate my business and life.

So fair warning for all the those with big mouths and opinions on these matters..... you best keep those things to yourself or the same could happen to you.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

The complaint is them wanting to pretend they have more, yet not being able to afford to park their one time purchase or afford to drive it on cross country trips where it will not be depressing property values. Any upper middle class idiot can lay down $50k for a used motorhome. Make him start paying $125 a month to store it and he starts whining like a newborn, because he cannot afford to own it. It should not be a burden on the neighborhood that he owns a 6 mpg diesel pusher and cannot afford to lay down even $100 a weekend to drive it to the lake and stay. Why don't we encourage all the poor people to buy 25 year old crappers, then triple park them on blocks in the driveway, to provide housing for their unmarried daughters with 5 kids.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Harassment by neighbor for RV parking

LMAO!!!!!! Well I guess it depends on what state you live in for this......" Why don't we encourage all the poor people to buy 25 year old crappers, then triple park them on blocks in the driveway, to provide housing for their unmarried daughters with 5 kids."...... But your completely correct..... this was a good laugh this morning, one which is sincerely appreciated! Thanks..... and.... honestly..... my head wont fit there either!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #37
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Quote:
LMAO!!!!!! Well I guess it depends on what state you live in for this......" Why don't we encourage all the poor people to buy 25 year old crappers, then triple park them on blocks in the driveway, to provide housing for their unmarried daughters with 5 kids."...... But your completely correct..... this was a good laugh this morning, one which is sincerely appreciated! Thanks..... and.... honestly..... my head wont fit there either!!!
I see your side also. Up the street, in the next development, someone has a $200k plus diesel pusher on blocks. If they brought it there for the summer, then stored it the rest of the year, I could care less. My dentist is their neighbor and I bet he wants to strangle them.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #38
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Harassment by neighbor for RV parking

Have you verified with your dentist that is how he personally feels? No.....I think this is your issue not his.... Honestly, what exactly is your issue???? jUST CURIOUS?????

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #39
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Quote:
Have you verified with your dentist that is how he personally feels? No.....I think this is your issue not his.... Honestly, what exactly is your issue???? jUST CURIOUS?????
If I actually had one, I would explore their covenants. As long as no one starts trashing my area, in violation of the covenants, I am fine.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #40
Unregistered

Angry Re: Harassment by neighbor for RV parking

Quote:
Wow is all I have to say on the very sad responses I read. It amazes me how many people believe they actually have any kind of say when it comes to another persons personal property. I am the person who originally posted on this issue back in 2009 and however interesting and disgusting the responses have been to this issue I still stand firm in my beliefs.

I found the article on this matter interesting, ( two of the enclosed responses ), however the key word that needs to be outlined is Home owner association..... for those who purchased a home within this criteria, there is not much you can do to change the rules and regulations for RV parking if you are already locked in within association.

For the homeowners who are not bound by such, what you do with your RV on your property is your business. Fight for your rights, know your city laws and ordinances, attend the monthly city meetings, stand up for what you have and do not allow others to intimidate you.

For the responses on the last page..... all of you grow up. Seriously are you paying your neighbors way? I didn't think so..... but you feel justified to come on a site like this to complain that what... they have more than you do? and the very lame response about not being able to afford a place to park your RV therefore you should not own one, and I quote "RV is the luxury for rich people who have plenty of space in their house ( 10,000 sqft+). Not for middle class people who live in small cookie-cut neighborhoods"...... are you serious? Well obviously yes you are and that is the scary part.......

Well first of all...... I can, as well as I am sure most RV owners can afford to park our RVs where ever we please, according to the law. The fact that I chose to park my RV in my allocated RV spot at my home is no ones business. I find it comical that anyone believes they have a say or an opinion. In reality, you don't.

Furthermore, for the RV is a luxury for the rich response, well if this is the mind set of the collective middle class as stated in the response.... no wonder there is no longer a middle class in America today. The fact that you would even publically type something so lame as that just proves that you would be one of those people who would buy in a small cookie cutter neighborhood knowing upfront that it is a small cookie cutter neighborhood and then spend the next thirty years complaining that your in a small cookie cutter neighborhood..... yes that takes brains......

My point however crude is simple..... if you are not smart enough to realize that you purchased a home in a neighborhood that is too over crowded for your taste, then you should have not purchased your home there. What anyone else does with there property is honestly none of your business.

I fought and would do it over again to maintain my possessions on my property and the law agreed with me regardless of any of my lazy, under achiever, jealous, pathetic, nosey, whiney, cry baby, tantrum spatting, gossiping neighbors had or has to say about this matter..... furthermore, I was able through documentation, police reports and any other means I deemed necessary able to not only get a restraining order but I took it further and sued in civil court and won against those neighbors who thought they could dictate my business and life.

So fair warning for all the those with big mouths and opinions on these matters..... you best keep those things to yourself or the same could happen to you.
I get the part of mind your own business but honestly if you lived in a well like neighborhood very clean yards etc... Then some guy moves with his family plus 3 extra cousins in next door with 2 cars that are broken down in his drive way, 1 car on his grass! a work truck that parks in front of my house and a horrific looking motor home that was hanging over the side walk into the street and was asked nicely to move it because it was hanging on the street because it just did not fit and he still wouldn't move it finally your at your witts end not only cause of the illegal portion but because IT LOOKS LIKE **** AND RUNS YOUR PROPERTY VALUE DOWN (IF YOU EVEN CARE ) but long story short police came and he was forced to move it. This happens all over the US so guys and gals if you shouldn't always mind your own business you shouldn't have to live feeling trapped and pissed off after all you paid for your property as well.