Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 03:29 AM   #1
cvargas111
cvargas111's Flag is: Philippines

Default Cashwagon Philippines loan harassment via text

I have a outstanding loan to said online lender. However I am facing financial difficulty right now rendering me unable to pay off said loan on time. Now I just have received a threat from "sheriff department". Tried calling the said lender's office # but it never is reachable. I do have intents to pay it off but not be harassed and threatened. Pls advise.
cvargas111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Cashwagon Philippines loan harassment via text

In this regard you can send a registered notice to the lender regarding your repayment options and you can use it as an evidence to convince the sheriff department that you have communicated the lender.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that with the enactment of Republic Act No. 10870, or the Philippine Credit Card Industry Regulation Law it will have jurisdiction in the matter. The law states that “a credit card issuer or collection agent shall not harass, abuse or oppress any person or engage in any unfair practices, as may be defined by BSP rules and regulations, in connection with the collection of any credit card debt.” You may contact an attorney and seek further guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Lawful

I urge everyone who are having trouble with unfair collection practices from collection agencies to send an email or call the SEC to file a complaint:

Contact Person: Assistant Director Rachel Esther J. Gumtang-Remalante

Mailing Address:
Corporate Governance and Finance Department
3F PICC Secretariat Building
1307 PASAY CITY

E-mail: rejremalante@sec.gov.ph
Telephone No : (02) 818-7264; 818-5950; 818-5476; and 818-9227

If enough people send a complaint, I think these practices will be dealt with by the proper authorities. Do it now.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:00 AM   #5
Lawful

Also send a complaint about the collection policies of Doctor Cash, Cashwagon and other online loaning facilities to the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the BSP here:

consumeraffairs@bsp.gov.ph

They will facilitate a discussion between us and the senior management of the online loaning facilities involved.

I already sent an email and they replied na kokontakin daw nila yung senior management of CashWagon para makipagusap sa akin na copy furnished ang BSP to resolve this problem.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Also send a complaint about the collection policies of Doctor Cash, Cashwagon and other online loaning facilities to the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the BSP here:

consumeraffairs@bsp.gov.ph

They will facilitate a discussion between us and the senior management of the online loaning facilities involved.

I already sent an email and they replied na kokontakin daw nila yung senior management of CashWagon para makipagusap sa akin na copy furnished ang BSP to resolve this problem.

Hi. How did it go?