•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bindu
    • Mar 2017
    • India

Emergency exit

I would like to take an emergency exit from my company as my dad lost his job and I have to take care of my family now. This company is not ready to give me an e-exit inspite of me informing them that I am ready to buyout my notice period. The new company is not available until to provide me a job until I service me my notice period hence the new company offered to buyout my notice period which the current company is not agreeing to. Can you please help me with this. I am the only child. I have got a good offer from a different company and I will be financially stable if I take that offer. My mom is sick I have to take care of her as well. I have been requesting them to waive off my notice period so that I can join the new company, the employer is not ready to do that, if I service my notice period the new company is not guaranteeing my job until the date of finishing my notice period.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Emergency exit

I wish to inform you that your employer may not force you to work for them. Any agreement forcing a person to work against his will may be regarded as void. You may thus inform your employer that you are leaving employment and is ready to pay for notice period.

AFF

Comment

• Bindu
      • Mar 2017
      • India

They are not ready to accept my resignation. In the offer letter the only information mentioned is that the notice period is 30 days apart from that there are no other details regarding e-exit.

Comment

• Bindu
        • Mar 2017
        • India

They have informed me that incase if I dont come they will consider it as unschedule and terminate me and I will not receive my reliving documents.

Comment

• olive
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Bindu
          They are not ready to accept my resignation. In the offer letter the only information mentioned is that the notice period is 30 days apart from that there are no other details regarding e-exit.
          Then 30 days notice is all you need to give!

Comment

• Bindu
            • Mar 2017
            • India

I am not able to serve the notice bcoz I have a new job joining. If I don't join befor 20th march the offer will not be given to me again. I have to search for a new job. I'm facing family issues where I need financial support which I will be able to fulfill it if I accept the new offer

Comment

• Unregistered

You can start the new job and hope your old employer will not pursue any action for giving less notice than you should give.

It is frankly not the biggest damage possible...you have the right to leave anyway in 30 days.
              Be respectful, and thank them but let them know you are in a financial and medical family emergency and must change jobs.

Comment

• Lexus
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Sep 2010
                • United States

The terms of your employment agreement determines your right to buyout the notice period. You can talk to your management regarding buying out of notice period. If they are not ready for buying out, the only recourse is to seek help of law enforcement. You can also send a registered notice to the management regarding your intention for buying out notice period and keep it as an evidence for filing a case against the company.

Comment

• Jackwolfskin123
                  • Nov 2017
                  • India

Hi I’m a nurse in uae, I already finish the probationary period. But they require this medical employment screening, the problem is my hcv antibody is reactive. But my confirmatory test ian undetected. Will they terminate me if they found out that I’m hepa c reactive but dnt have the virus. I’m working on a govt hospital. Please someone can answer thank you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...