Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Injury and Worker's Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
josephclemmons

Default Bicycle accident case in Toronto

Hi all, Let me ask you the legal possibilities of one case. It is an incident related to a bicycle accident in Toronto. 1 week ago I went out for a cycling in the morning. One car hit my cycle and ran away. I couldn’t note the number. I was taken to the hospital by someone. My friend told me to consult some law firms like Campisi LLP to file a case. But we didn’t have any signs about that car. So if I move legally with this case, can I get any benefit from it?
josephclemmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-25-2016, 09:13 PM   #2
olive
Top Level Member

Default Re: Bicycle accident case in Toronto

You could certainly file a police report to start - and hope they catch the person that did it!

At that point both civil and criminal law options exist.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I do not think you have anything more than hospital and doctor services covered by the state. Even if you found the driver, ONT is a no fault state. Successfully suing beyond that barrier would require you win enough to pay the barrister and reimburse the Province their lawsuit fee of about $10k. This would unlikely produce the money to do even that.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2017, 02:40 AM   #4
Schiffrinpa
Schiffrinpa's Flag is: United States

It is very bad to hear your incident. Don't worry!!!
Lawyer will definitely find a way to move on your case. For a help try to make a free consultation. On doing this it will give an idea about what action to take for filing a claim against the person. Personal Injury claims are time-sensitive and must be filed within the stipulated timeframe since investigations have to be carried out and evidence needs to be preserved.
Schiffrinpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Unregistered

Every city in the country should have the local law that we do that the car must be 3 feet from the bike rider at all times while passing the biker!!