Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
deandj
deandj's Flag is: India

Default laying off without notice

i have been laid off as informed by my HR and does not even need my resignation.I have raised points how could they do so inspite of me keeping a regular touch with them thru mails and sms. I have been laid off basis my illness which they say will play hindrance in my ability to execute required job.They knew about my treatment plan and all necessary details was furnished to them along with my medical documents. They are getting me 2 options to either to accept low profile job or take compensation which is not even half of my current salary. I have denied accepting both and raised concerns against unethical practice by my employers.

Pls advice...
deandj is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: laying off without notice

I wish to inform you that the provisions of the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act (IESA), 1946 will have jurisdiction in this matter. You may obtain a copy of the Standing Orders in your establishment and study the provision applicable to you. Alternatively, you may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 02:23 AM   #3
olive
Top Level Member

Also check your employment contract if you have one and the terms that govern termination.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

You can file a case against the company in the labor court for violating your rights by the employer. In this regard you should avail service of a lawyer to get necessary compensation from the company.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #5
deandj
deandj's Flag is: India

One week back i have received some documents from my employers. One is relieving letter dated 19 0ct 2016 and one containing details of my final settlement.post receiving these documents i have immediately raised concerns that i have neither signed any resignation or consented to part ways from my employment any time. Also i have been critically ill and under medical supervision so how could they make such statements. I have been seeking copy of resignation letter past many days but they are neither replying or responding to my calls. My settlement too is paid what i had pending claims. They have not paid me aingle amount of compensation. My ultimate problem is since i m into deep financial crisis i m unable to pursue my case in civil court. My employers are aware of my situation a d vulnerablility hence taking advantage. Pls guide if i have any alternatives. Can i seek police help to check onto manipulation of signatures by my employers
deandj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 AM   #6
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that the IDA (Industrial Disputes Act, 1947) sets out detailed procedural requirements for retrenchment. Retrenchment is the termination by the employer of employment of a worker for any reason, other than disciplinary, with certain exceptions (sec. 2 (oo), IDA). Retrenchment includes dismissals for ill health (capacity to work). You may contact the nearest office of the Department of Labour or an attorney for guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote