Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #1
gilmore
gilmore's Flag is: India

Unhappy Landlord harassing me

I have given one month notice to my landlord as per our legal agreement that I will be vacating the house on 30th of June. He is looking for other tenants and wants me to show the tenants the house as and when they come. If I'm not available at home, he insists that I come back home to show the house. He also asked me to give him the keys so that he can show the house to prospective tenants in my absence. When I objected that I'm not comfortable giving the keys because I live alone, he created a brouhaha and told me to vacate the house in two days. (which is not legally in his favour because he has to give one month notice). Somehow he cooled down and agreed to let me stay till 30th June, he is now harassing me even more that I have to show tenants the house at odd hours - 8am, 2 pm, 10pm, etc.
He has my deposit of 1 lac and I'm worried he won't return by 30th June if he doesn't find another tenant and wants to remove his frustration on me. Please tell me what to do. I have the recording of our entire conversation where he is telling me to vacate in 2 days. He is a goon, a chawl owner who has gotten an SRA house in which I'm staying on rent.
gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Landlord harassing me

I wish to inform you that you may file a case for recovery of amount of security deposit submitted by you. You may give demand letter after your lease is over and if landlord refuses to pay the amount of security deposit then lawsuit may be filed.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Ranh

Default Re: Landlord harassing me

Sometimes the lease terms require the tenant to allow showings of the property so check your agreements, but if not the LL normally cannot just enter and show the place during the active lease term.
I faced this same issue a couple of years back.