Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
asdw
asdw's Flag is: United States

Default Warrant and existing charges

My vehicle was stolen from a friends home, I have warrant for my arrest for possession on fictitious state id. I am planning on getting my warrant taken care of asap but I dont want to end up having the cops come out to take the report for me but then getting arrested while they are here. What should I do? Can they arrest me since Im the one who called to make the report or would they even do that?

Oklahoma
asdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Warrant and existing charges

Yes, they can arrest you. Once you identify yourself with your ownership papers they are likely to run your name through their computer as a matter of routine, find the warrant, and would have the option of arresting you on the spot.

I suggest you get the warrant taken care of before you report the theft of your car.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

You will be arrested if an arrest warrant exists against you. It is good to seek lawyer service to get rid of the issues.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #4
MotherGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Yes, they can arrest you. Once you identify yourself with your ownership papers they are likely to run your name through their computer as a matter of routine, find the warrant, and would have the option of arresting you on the spot.

I suggest you get the warrant taken care of before you report the theft of your car.

Tricky situation because if you wait too long to report the theft of the car, that will also cause problems. A theft of a car that is not reported for say two weeks would be very unusual in and of itself. Original Poster, why is there a warrant? Did you miss a court date or something or why is the matter simply not proceeding in court already?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
Highwayman
Top Level Member

I'm sure this will be another OP who posts and then disappears into the night never to return.

Who knows, maybe Justice was served and he's in jail already.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote