Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #1
alma2
alma2's Flag is: United States

Default Can the agency or others be responsible for my losses?

I am a software engineer who had been working on contract for a company for almost 2 years in Los Angeles, and then was presented with a full time offer for employment at 120k a year salary. At the time of the offer, I was contacted by a recruiting agency to potentially work for another company up in the San Francisco area. I was told by the recruiting agency that the position was contract-to-hire, and was promised that the hiring offer for a permanent position would be higher than the offer given to me by my current employer, so I took the offer and drove up to the bay. I have received a full time offer, and it is not only less than promised, it is much less than the full time offer of the job I left! I am now having to seek employment elsewhere.

Can either the contracting agency, or the hiring company be held responsible for my losses?
alma2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can the agency or others be responsible for my losses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma2 View Post

Can either the contracting agency, or the hiring company be held responsible for my losses?
No................
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that if you are the victim of fraud or misrepresentation, then you may first serve a Demand Letter on the other parties. If the matter is not resolved, then you may file a lawsuit. The burden to prove your allegations and claims in the Court will be on you. If you lose, the Court may order Costs against you. You may, therefore, collect and present all evidence - written communications, text messages, emails, etc. which support your point of view in the Court. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

If you have valid agreement with the contracting agency or the hiring company you can file a complaint with law enforcement for the breach. You can also approach the Labour Court seeking compensation.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #5
Unregistered

You would have to prove an actual agreement was made, that it was binding and that they breached it.

It sounds as if here there was just a lot of general talk about what might or should happen.

But maybe not--you know the facts.