Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 02:22 AM   #1
flowerchildpr

Dubai Debt Defaulter

I am probably blacklisted in UAE due to a debt default from 2010. You suggested on another thread, to contact the UAE embassy to remove the name from the blacklist. However, if I have a debt to settle in UAE, they will not remove my name from the blacklist. When I fled Dubai (back to USA), I didn't have a new UAE ID (they had barely started using those), I also never got my eye/iris scanned at the airport (they had just started using that too). My last employer visa was cancelled and I was still looking for work, but was unsuccessful therefore I left the UAE before my bills would start to be late/unpaid (which causes you to get blocked from exiting the country). My total debt was probably not more than AED20K at the time I left (this includes credit card, car loan, apartment rental post dated checks). I am afraid to even visit the UAE embassy to inquire information.

How can I find out if I am really blacklisted (without traveling to UAE)?
What would actually happen if I travel to Dubai/UAE? Do they check my passport number, my eye/iris scan, or do they simply search by my name?
If they see my current passport they will see all my old UAE work visas. But if I get a new passport, it will have a different passport number. Would they match me to the old one and still know it is me?
Does the UAE or the banks have any plans to pardon the debt fugitives who fled the country during the economic crash of 2008 and forward?
Does the debt clear after a certain amount of years? Maybe 10 years? Therefore automatically removing people from the blacklist? Or are these black lists forever?

So many questions! Thank you for whatever you may answer.
flowerchildpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Dubai Debt Defaulter

I wish to inform you that if there has been a debt default and if criminal action has started then you may not re-enter. You may not re-enter UAE with new passport as they may have your biological details like fingerprints, etc. and they may thus know your details and can come to know about you. If you clear your debt obligations then also authorities may have to be informed that your name should be removed either by you or creditor so that you may re-enter UAE.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

If you have any friends or relatives in UAE it is good to check through them whether a police case is registered against you. If a police case is not registered against you then there is no restriction for a re-entry in UAE. If the creditor has already filed a case against you then try to settle the case and demand them to lift the ban.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
flowerchildpr

Thank you Affa, I was in fact hoping you would answer with some insight. The only way the UAE would have my fingerprints would be if they got it from the US. Anyway, I don't plan on visiting UAE until this is settled, if ever. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
flowerchildpr

Thank you Lexus! I do have many friends and one relative living in UAE. I will ask if it would be possible to find out whether I have a criminal case against me or not. I don't know if the police will tell just anyone, but doesn't hurt to try. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #6
altodesai
altodesai's Flag is: Bangladesh

AFFA .... idiot will you stop advising ....here in this forum .....u beti***ker
altodesai is offline   Reply With Quote