Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 04:27 AM   #241
Dontyouworry
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn123 View Post
I have loan default in UAE. Shall I travel to other countries like Europe or Kazakhstan or Iraq or Iran or turkey via Qatar or Bahrain or Oman.
The countries you mentioned which you would want to travel have no effect of any cases from UAE, but the transit you have mentioned to make from countries like Qatar, Baharain and Oman are inclusive in GCC. Cases in UAE has effect on the GCC countries at times, it is better to have a check if you have no issues with other countries than UAE in the GCC and can travel without any worry. We can help you do the ckeck and give you clear information about your status in GCC. Email us at: uaedebtsolution@gmail.com if you want to do the same.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-30-2017, 06:57 AM   #242
Unregistered

I would like to ask those who can help us please! ...almost 5mos since my husband wasn't able to pay his credit card debt and a collection agent appear in his office to ask him to pay certain amount to settle his debt. But the amount was to high and we cannot provide it immediately. The collection agent said that police case already filed but asking as to pay immediately. If we gonna pay the partial amount they said not yet full payment they will lift the police case immediately ...Is this possible? ...my husband deposited a fair amount but collection agent demands for more, Is it possible that since collection agents are trying to ask for payments there is a police case filed? ...this really bothered us a lot and we are worried if it will affects his work?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #243
Dontyouworry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to ask those who can help us please! ...almost 5mos since my husband wasn't able to pay his credit card debt and a collection agent appear in his office to ask him to pay certain amount to settle his debt. But the amount was to high and we cannot provide it immediately. The collection agent said that police case already filed but asking as to pay immediately. If we gonna pay the partial amount they said not yet full payment they will lift the police case immediately ...Is this possible? ...my husband deposited a fair amount but collection agent demands for more, Is it possible that since collection agents are trying to ask for payments there is a police case filed? ...this really bothered us a lot and we are worried if it will affects his work?
There are so many possibilities that the recovery agent is lying. And if the case is not filed yet then any payment made on the card cannot let the bank file any case, let the payment even be less than the minimum payment required on the card. If you let us know in detail about the issue then it we would precisely answer your problem. Also can help you close the card with even lesser than the limit on the card issued.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #244
1234&more
1234&more's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Ok.

I have an unpaid personal loan in excess of 300k aed

I left UAE June 2016 - had to go for personal reasons following loss of job

I left monies in current account to make FULL payments for 7 months - anticipating a) i would get a new position and return and b) that i would be able to claim on my insurance for losing my job which i took out.

I had expected that the insurance would pay the loan amounts for almost 6 months buying more time to secure a new job

The situation now is I stopped payments as had no way to continue in February this year. I have remained in constant contact with the bank via emails throughout this period

They have refused to process my insurance (though it is clear that it would be upheld and paid) because i am out of the country !!! They will not budge on this despite the fact the insurance was taken out electronically and in the terms and conditions, it does not state that i need to be present in the country to claim.

They demanded i made FULL payments and not part payments.

I have told them I have a job offer - and to confirm they will not place a police case - and stated i would then be able to start payments again and would also settle the arrears over 4 months - they have ignored this and have said "case filled" and no longer responding to emails.

So basically - if i fly in to take up the new job i will likely be arrested. Hardly a good start. This is in nobody's interest but they do not listen.

I also have another job option in another GCC where on taking up the role i will be able to meet the payments easily - but again now i fear that this would lead to me again risking arrest

All i want to do is get back in to work and settle my debts but the legal system they have started seems to make it impossible for me to do so ?

any advice anyone?
1234&more is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #245
Dontyouworry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234&more View Post
Ok.

I have an unpaid personal loan in excess of 300k aed

I left UAE June 2016 - had to go for personal reasons following loss of job

I left monies in current account to make FULL payments for 7 months - anticipating a) i would get a new position and return and b) that i would be able to claim on my insurance for losing my job which i took out.

I had expected that the insurance would pay the loan amounts for almost 6 months buying more time to secure a new job

The situation now is I stopped payments as had no way to continue in February this year. I have remained in constant contact with the bank via emails throughout this period

They have refused to process my insurance (though it is clear that it would be upheld and paid) because i am out of the country !!! They will not budge on this despite the fact the insurance was taken out electronically and in the terms and conditions, it does not state that i need to be present in the country to claim.

They demanded i made FULL payments and not part payments.

I have told them I have a job offer - and to confirm they will not place a police case - and stated i would then be able to start payments again and would also settle the arrears over 4 months - they have ignored this and have said "case filled" and no longer responding to emails.

So basically - if i fly in to take up the new job i will likely be arrested. Hardly a good start. This is in nobody's interest but they do not listen.

I also have another job option in another GCC where on taking up the role i will be able to meet the payments easily - but again now i fear that this would lead to me again risking arrest

All i want to do is get back in to work and settle my debts but the legal system they have started seems to make it impossible for me to do so ?

any advice anyone?
Your situation is self explanatory, the opinion you had on your loan insurance is of course the right one, banks do claim the whole amount owed by the borrower without any interest charges on it and they successfully get benefited as you must have already paid them their profit required. Above all this the banks still try to collect as much as possible from the defaulted one only because they have an hold over the security cheque you signed when you applied for the loan!! Only with that interest they do try and threaten the defaulter to get the most.
If only it was your credit card then the situation would be totally different as they only have an insurance named "credit shield" only if the customer agrees to have one on his card unlike loans as in UAE insurance on any loan lended by banks have mandatory insurance before the approval of any loan. The insurance on the card agrees to pay "only minimum payment on the card for 6 months" provided loss of job should be involuntary, you might try different ways to prove involuntary loss pf employment but the insurance team are very tricky to ask for what you could not peovide them.
Coming to the threats given to you by the banks, what said and conveyed to you by the bank is not always which happens inside the bank, they try multiple methods to make you worry about the situation and all they need is to make you agree for payments in a week or 10 days they contact you because every file of an individual keeps moving from one employee to other in the bank if one is not successful in recovering and each get a month's time to get payment from the customer. If the bank is not successful to do the same, they try out leasing your debt to recovery agents and even their employees get the same time to recover from you, what exactly you have to understand here is that it is the pressure on every employee by their superiors recover from the customer and they have to use different methods and say different things to make you agree for the payment. There are cases where the customer was told that a police case has been filed in the third moment of default and was actually not done till the next 15 months when had the case check done. Advice for you would be that everything totally depends on bank to bank and also with different scenarios, so not straight away believe any hoax said to you by the bank. We could help you get through if you let us know what exactly you are looking for at this point of time. Get in touch if interested

Old 09-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #246
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadsher View Post
All.
I hope you all are enjoying life. I really need your held and guidance Please help me
My name is Ahmad i lived in Dubai almost 10 year from 2006 to October 2015
I worked in an offshore company as office manager
I have five cridit card AED 200,000 different banks and 225,000 AED personal loan from CBD i have paid half of the personal loan in instalments
I got fired due to oil prices and came back to my country last year. All the banks they have already registered Police case against me Now i got very good job offer in Dubai again. I want to come back soon. New company is ready to apply for my visa
I need to know Dubai law to deal with Defualters Please guide me on the below in detail
1. Can i get visa.. Will immigration issue residency visa despite of Police cases?

2. If i got visa will immigration arrest me
on airport then what Will be next step..?
3. How long it will take to get bail and do i need more then one passport for the bail..?
3. If court will take my passport then how i will get my medical done and how Visa will be stmped on.my passport

3. How much punishment or fine can be..? Regards
Ahmad
how is it not, where you able to work back in uae?

Old 09-10-2017, 02:49 AM   #247
khantutan
khantutan's Flag is: UK

Is there anyone from this forum got caught? please let us update on your situations. thank you
khantutan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #248
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
See the many discussions above. If the creditor has turned the matter into a criminal action then yes you can be detained for that amount even though relatively it is not large.
It may be best to do whatever you can to pay it, before traveling into the GCC area.
Hi! Guys I am new here in the forum, with the same issue. My question is if we are not safe to go gcc country it is possible for us to work abroard like asian country only they will not catch us in there? Thanks
Potchie

Old 09-12-2017, 04:12 AM   #249
NoMoreDebts
NoMoreDebts's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Need to be completely debt free?
Has the bank filed a case against you?
Tired of collection agents calling you over and over again?

Services :

Credit Card Case
Loan Case
Bounced Cheques
Settlement Problems
Police Cases
Any Cases in UAE

Contact : +971566919594 for a FREE CONSULTATION at our offices with our Legal Consultant. We guarantee you will be debt free in no time. Wishing you well!
NoMoreDebts is offline   Reply With Quote