Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Salary and Workers Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
storm21
storm21's Flag is: Philippines

Default All regular employees have salary increase except me

I am a regular employee on this company for two years, and my salary is still on minimum wage... right now, the president increase all of employees salary except me. Other regular employees (new regular employees for about only 5 or 6 months hired on this company) has increased their salary and higher than my salary. my salary is about 9,000 a month but the new regular employees have 10,500 a month... i am the only employee on this company who is in minimum wage... Do my rights to salary increase been violated?.
storm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: All regular employees have salary increase except me

It all depends on the appraisal process of your company. Each company have their own criteria for salary increment and the employees who are arrayed in that appraisal process will get a salary increment. If it seems that you are not included in the appraisal process you can discuss it with your supervisor/manager regarding the reason for not considering your workmanship.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #3
Unregistered

Your employer has reserved rights for this when you signed the contract with them. The employer with its discretion can appraise or retain salary but cannot do the other way. Every employer has their own criterion like performance in work. There are really some cases when the newly hired employers has bigger salary. Why? Because they want to be competitive with regards to salary package since it's a business. That is why it is against the company's law to disclose and compare your salary to other employees. If you have some questions, approach your HR.

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #4
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm21 View Post
Do my rights to salary increase been violated?.
You have no right to a raise. Maybe you do your job worse than all the others. What did your boss say when you asked him?
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote