Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Tam128
Tam128's Flag is: United States

Default Pharmacy litigation and arbitration

Can a pharmacy legally force me to arbitrate a claim against them instead of taking it into regular or small claims court?
They say the purchase agreement they included has a forced arbitration clause but I never saw it? And still have not.
Tam128 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-11-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Pharmacy litigation and arbitration

I wish to inform you that if you were not informed about arbitration clause this means that you never knew about arbitration while buying thus you never gave consent for arbitration. Hence you may refuse arbitration on the ground that you have never agreed to arbitration clause in purchase agreement. Consent is must in order to have a valid agreement clause.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case the pharmacy could not force you to arbitrate the case. The principle of arbitration is mutual consent to arbitrate if there is an arbitration clause. If you wish to file the case in small claims court you can do so.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam128 View Post
Can a pharmacy legally force me to arbitrate a claim against them instead of taking it into regular or small claims court?
They say the purchase agreement they included has a forced arbitration clause but I never saw it? And still have not.
You never saw it or you tossed it without reading it?

Ask for a copy.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
Unregistered

If the arbitration clause is in the purchase contract or sales contract, then you are indeed bound by it under current law. There are some in Congress that want to change those arbitration clauses but as of now they are valid and binding.