• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djft6
    • Dec 2017
    • United States

forged signature on a closed case concerning the mortgage

State: Florida

I have a forged signature on a closed case concerning the mortgage note. What should I do?

It was suggested that I take it to the local police and let them take a case number and copies of the forged signatures. Would this be the correct thing to do?
  • Wenton2
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2016
    • United States

Re: forged signature on a closed case concerning the mortgage

You certainly can do that.

What is you real goal? If you want to attempt to invalidate some signed documents the matter will have to be in the courts at some point.

Of course if the person is charged with signature fraud that may make it easier in the court for you. There are a lot of factors to consider in these kinds of issues and we do not have your details here. It is not always quite as easy as you may think.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that Florida Statutes Section 831.01 has jurisdiction in this matter. Further, a person commits forgery when, with intent to injure or defraud any person, he or she "falsely makes, alters, forges or counterfeits" any written instrument specified in the state forgery statute. The burden to prove forgery will be on you. Florida classifies basic forgery as a felony of the third degree with sentences up to five years in jail, five years probation, $5,000 in fines. You may contact the law enforcement agencies and seek guidance. Alternatively, you may seek guidance from an attorney.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

It is good to inform the law enforcement regarding the forgery so that you can avoid any issues related to the document.

Comment

• Disagreeable
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Oct 2012
          • United States

Without knowing the nature of the signature OR your ultimate goal, there is no way anyone can really advise you. If you are trying to default on a mortgage, it is unlikely such an issue, on the part of a lender will be significant as it does not change the meeting of the minds regarding the terms.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by djft6
            State: Florida

I have a forged signature on a closed case concerning the mortgage note. What should I do?

It was suggested that I take it to the local police and let them take a case number and copies of the forged signatures. Would this be the correct thing to do?
            That is exactly what you should do.
            But I agree with one of the posters above; you won't get out of paying if that is your goal.
            If it is some other issue then by all means report it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...