• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cse247
    • May 2017
    • India

Vehicle Registration Transfer

Dear sir,

I have sold my two-wheeler and we didn't go legal sale deed as the purchase party promised that he would get vehicle registration transferred from my name to his name with in a week.

Its been already two years, I could see the vehicle is still registered on my name . I went and spoke to that guy , he still says it will be done in a week. I'm very much apprehensive that it may land me in trouble.
    Please advise - what legal actions can be taken in this case.

Thanks and Regards,
    Santosh.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Vehicle Registration Transfer

I wish to inform you that you may report matter to vehicle transfer department of your State Transport Department and inform failure of other party. You may also report matter to law enforcement agencies. Alternatively you may inform buyer that you will terminate agreement because of breach by other party and take back your vehicle if he does not fulfill his part of transaction to transfer vehicle ownership.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

Generally, it is owners responsibility to change the name in vehicle registration documents. In this case you failed to do so. Even though you can send a registered notice to the purchaser to change the name in the documents within a stipulated time. If he fails to do so you can make a complaint with the Police and the concerned Transport authority regarding the sale and purchasers negligence to change name despite repeated request, so that you will not get in trouble if the vehicle met with an accident.

Comment

• Danieltaylor
        • May 2018
        • United States

It has to be done on your side, goes online and fill the online application and make the payments as well.

Comment

• adjusterjack
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Danieltaylor
          It has to be done on your side, goes online and fill the online application and make the payments as well.
          This is a year old thread.

Stop wasting our time.

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by adjusterjack
            This is a year old thread.

Stop wasting our time.
            Since he's from Texas he's obviously an expert on Indian motor vehicle matters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...